PS4 Game Won't Install

by jeffbgoofy

Original Post

Re: PS4 Game Won't Install

★ Novice

It ended up being the game, the actual compact disc. When I first purchased the game my son dropped the cd and there was a mark the size of a pin * on the written side. I thought nothing of it as it hasn’t given any problems, up until now. 

Message 51 of 64 (2,890 Views)

★ Novice

Hey bro experiencing the same issue. How dod yours solve?

Message 52 of 64 (2,864 Views)

Community Manager

@Truezz I had something similar the other day when watching a Blu-Ray, the image kept freezing and jumping around with large square white boxes snowing down. Took the disc out and there was a tiny and I mean tiny part of a fingerprint on the disc. Gave it a clean and it worked perfectly.

@KaraNJaS97 Have you tried the various steps suggested in this thread? 

Darko.png
Message 53 of 64 (2,855 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Bro check in your library.

Message 54 of 64 (2,839 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Dear EA,

I cannot install the game on PS4. All that happens, no matter what combination of actions I try, is that the progress bar under the game icon on the PS4 interface pauses after a certain amount of progress. Then I try to run it and it just zooms out, as if it started, then zooms back in.
No updates work, no deletion and reinstall, no safe mode rebuild database, nothing.
Please provide me a solution.
Thanks.

Message 55 of 64 (2,592 Views)

Community Manager

@untankabull It sounds like  you need to clear up some hard drive space, can you check how much space you have available on your HDD?

Darko.png
Message 56 of 64 (2,558 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sadly that’s not the problem. I checked that too. I have 400GB free on the hard drive. 

Message 57 of 64 (2,529 Views)

Community Manager

@untankabull Best thing to do then is to check the disc for any smudge or scratch and go through Sony's recommended troubleshooting steps for issues with installation: https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/games/installing--downloading---updating/gen...

If the issue remains then please speak with Sony Support. 

Darko.png
Message 58 of 64 (2,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello All, I`ve spent two days trying to load this game for my grandson, unsuccessful !!!! After reading some of your postings about simply wiping the disc is what I did. I simply used an old T-Shirt and isopropyl rubbing alcohol and wiped the disc and allowed it to dry. Reinserted the disc and WAH-LA !!!!. LOADED IN 14 MINUTES. Thanks for your post, Hope it works for all of you

Message 59 of 64 (2,410 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I apologize for my type-o, correction , 4 hours
Message 60 of 64 (2,409 Views)