Re: PS4 Game Won't Install

by DaBabeSteR

Original Post

★ Apprentice
I had this same exact problem with a brand new, out of the box PS4 Pro. A simple cleaning of the disc solved the issue. Go figure........
Message 41 of 64 (3,796 Views)

★ Novice

I am facing the same issue. How did you manage to pause the update?

Message 42 of 64 (3,764 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey so I got Battlefront 2 for the PS4 a couple days ago and it has (for the past 2 days) re-installing and re-downloading The same file and it has a pause icon in the progress bar box on the main menu! Please help! 

Message 43 of 64 (3,630 Views)

Community Manager

@angrybulldog13F If it is paused mid-download with the pause icon then this generally means that you need to clear up some space on your PS4. Try freeing up some space to see if it helps. 

Darko.png
Message 44 of 64 (3,585 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have plenty of storage space on my PS4, and had been trying to download update 1.14 for several weeks with no success. I followed the steps on here:

• Eject the disc
  • clean disk with a lint free cloth from the center of the disc to the outsice
  • Insert disk
  • Game installed

Good luck everyone....and may the force be with you! Standard smile

Message 45 of 64 (3,561 Views)

Community Manager

@medperalta410 How much free space do you have? 

Darko.png
Message 46 of 64 (3,551 Views)

★ Novice

After you re-started in Safe Mode and the seven options popped up, what did you do next? How did you get the pause symbol to go away and play the game?

Message 47 of 64 (3,433 Views)

Community Manager

@TruezzHow much free space do you have on your HDD? The pause icon generally means that you do not have enough space to download and install the game or update. 

Darko.png
Message 48 of 64 (3,414 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i’ve literally tried every single thing from deleteding games and cleaning the disc and rebuilding the data base and nothing works i even deleted and tried to reinstall it like 50 times and nothing works please help me 

Message 49 of 64 (3,202 Views)

★★★ Newbie
oh nervermind i restarted the data base again and it worked
Message 50 of 64 (3,198 Views)