Re: PS4 Crashing Info Gathering

by pordo1984

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

ps4 slim

psn: thegr8alchemist 

ps4 crashed after I left the voice chat party while the game was still running had to wait a while before i could turn it on and had to repair my harddrive afterwards will not be playing until this issue is fixed

Message 871 of 1,975 (438 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Ps4 Pro

ID pordo

Crash happens when closing anthem app or turning off the system while still in game. Happened twice yesterday. Reported.

Message 872 of 1,975 (436 Views)

★ Novice

Console: Ps4 Pro

PSN ID: TerraClaude

It happened on Sunday, I was going to close the game from the quick menu as I always close my games, then the ps4 crashed and I had to wait around a minute before I was able to turn it on again, then it started all the validations just like when you unplug incorrectly the ps4

I also clicked yes on the prompt to report the error

Message 873 of 1,975 (431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Console: Ps4 Pro

PSN id: Adnelon1

When did it happened?:

When I end my game, I always logout from the ingame option. When I then go to the ps4 and hit “Close Application” for the Anthem game, As soon as I hit that close option, the ps4 crashes. This only happends to me with Anthem.

ps: My Anthem game copy is the regular $60 pre-order digital version. This however started happening to me right after the second 3.4gb update. 

Message 874 of 1,975 (430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

-Pro

-Vyprstryke

-When closing the game on the console home screen (options, close application), ps4 shut off for 2 mins and finally rebooted itself and acted as if it had been unplugged and proceeded to run a disk check.

-Had another one where we just started a mission and my controller became unresponsive for about 30 seconds and then it crashed. This one produced an option to report the crash, the previous one didn't as it just locked down the console. Oddly, when I relaunched the game after this, it just immediately opened back up to where it had crashed. No game loading screens or anything. Of course, it disconnected from the servers upon completing the mission so that was a cool extra kick in the face especially since I missed a cutscene.

-Yes

I tried getting a refund through PS Support with no luck. I deleted it and until I see that this stuff is fixed, I don't intend on playing this again. Not worth whatever possible damage it's doing to the console. I really want to like this game but man, it's a real struggle to get past all these crashes and disconnects =(

Message 875 of 1,975 (430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PlayStation Console: Pro

PSN ID: CVandal84

Crash Info:When does the crash take place?  Are you having to take specific steps to get your PlayStation going again?: The crash appears to happen sporadically, but the most recent time it happened was right at the beginning of a Free Roam session. Can't remember which strider I chose to start on. I've had to give my PS4 a minute or two after the crash because nothing would respond (power button on the console, PS Home button on the controller). When the PS4 would respond, it wouldn't turn on with the power button on the console, only the PS Home button would power it back up to where it would need to restore and repair my Hard Drive, etc.

Have you reported your crash data when prompted? (Y/N) Yes.

I've already spoken with Sony and their trouble-shooting tips are less than stellar, to the point of where they want me to Restore Default Settings and re-initialize my entire PS4, re-install Anthem and to be honest - that's a lot of work that I'm not willing to do. When asked for a refund or any further support, they directed me here.

Message 876 of 1,975 (423 Views)

★★ Novice
PlayStation Console: Pro

PSN ID: phoenixwave13

Crash Info:When does the crash take place? - When ending a play session and closing the game app from the PlayStation UI.
Are you having to take specific steps to get your PlayStation going again? If it shuts off completely (happened 3 times) then I just have to wait a few minutes, then try to power it back on and let it do the safe boot and disk check.

Have you reported your crash data when prompted? Y
Message 877 of 1,975 (423 Views)

★★ Novice

PSN neham76

PS4 model CUH-1202a

HDD internal ST 2000lx001

HDD external Toshiba DTP220 2TB

Free Space

System storage 121.0GB/1.77TB

Extended storage 512.2GB/1.84TB

Anthem installed on Extended storage 

Have had hard crash when closing Anthem from the dashboard

Have had several 34878-0 errors all reported

These crashes happened either mid mission or mid freeplay

Have had several crashes at end of mission, free play, strong hold etc when calculating xp with the blue  saving icon

Tonight had 3 instances of loading screen getting to 3/4 and freezing and fan speeding up

Tried twice to rejoin after force closing Anthem with no luck

PS4 is normal put in rest mode with whatever game being played closed from dashboard

PS4 is also connected to power via a ups 

Currently moving Anthem of off extended and moving to system to see if it helps

Message 878 of 1,975 (421 Views)

★ Novice

Playstation Pro 3 times random crash while playing the game between forge, fort tarsis and regular mission. I really want to keep playing this game but until this issue is fix I'm not going to. All I ask make it right for the players that still here and want this game to be great.

Message 879 of 1,975 (445 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Play on a standard PS4 and it happened to me as i attempted to close the game (the close the application function), instead the ps4 abruptly shut down and could not be restarted with the controllers or manually hitting the power button. After unplugging it and waiting a few minutes my PS4 was able to be manually turned back on. At this point the external hard drive Anthem is installed on needed to be repaired in order to be accessed again. I've had other crashes as well but only one that shut my ps4 down. I have been hesitant to play since that.

PSN id:Pyrhiel

Message 880 of 1,975 (389 Views)