Re: PS4 Crashing Info Gathering

by Cyrus1980

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

PlayStation Console: PS4 Pro
PSN ID: cyrusvirus1980

Crash Info: Hard Crash when flying in mission and a popup of a trophy showed up. Result: Playstation turned off like electricity shut down, after that i've to press the on/off button on the console to restart it. Only this 1 time hard crash and several server disconneciton.

Have you reported your crash data when prompted? Yes

Message 611 of 1,975 (430 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PS4 Pro

ID PSN : Hlmdr 

The PlayStation automatically cuts out and restarts, as if I had removed behind the power cable. No code display. Just a crash on this game. I'm now avoiding launching it.

Message 612 of 1,975 (447 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Ps4 Pro

ID: UsedPuppet

Ps4 crash when closing Anthem.

Hi, this crash happens at any time/activity done on anthem only. I run a ps4 pro, with no HDR,  so my ps4 suddenly turn off with the blue light. After that I press the power button and the first time it does nothing, when I hit the button a second time then my ps4 starts and a black screen prompt saying their is a memory error and they need to repair. It takes a moment and after that the ps4 starts and ask me to send the error report. Already reported. It has happen to me 1 time from the 22th of February. Please fix this

Message 614 of 1,975 (446 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PlayStation Console: PS4

PSN ID:kmos_fin

Crash Info: After playing several hours, I logoff, Shutdown the game normally via close application and then shutdown console. Next morning, the console starts but screen is black, like there is no operating system or somehting. Only things i get from PS4 are first blue led, then white. Screen stays black whole time. 

Are you having to take specific steps to get your PlayStation going again? 

There are no steps to do, I try to start it in fail safe mode, but screen stays black. I have tried different screens and  all stays black. I have tried other machines in the ps4Confused screen in same hdmi and it works. Console just humms like normal fan humm, but does nothing.

Have you reported your crash data when prompted? Y x2

It has happened couple times before already, and console survived it. This time it didnt and I wasn't even able to report.

Message 613 of 1,975 (446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hey guys,

PSN ID: ComicBookDork

Model: Base Ps4

So this happened to me on March 1st, I'd left my console in rest mode to install an update while I went to work. When I came back the power light was off and was not responding to me pressing the ps button on the controller to switch it on. I had to use the power button on the console a couple of times, because it would try to boot up and then seemingly give up. Eventually it did turn on and I got the usual system messages as though the power had been cut from the system unexpectedly. The system had to 'rebuild the database' and also fix my newly corrupted hard drive (it fixed it no problem thank god!). I reported the system crash when prompted.

But yeah, I didn't even have the application open and had no idea what had happened until I saw everyone reporting a similar issue. Am I at risk of this happening again? Any preventative measures I can take?

Message 615 of 1,975 (428 Views)

★ Novice

Ive had the issue twice when ive had too close the application due to the game crashing and was stuck on a loading screen for 20 minutes. Ps4 then completely shut down and would not start for a good 30mins when restarting it came to a safe mode software loading screen and started back up fine. I will not be using the game till this is sorted as i dont think its good for my ps4. Sent an error code on the second one.

Message 616 of 1,975 (414 Views)

★ Novice

PlayStation Console: PS4

PSN ID: Robbaman

Crash Info: It happened twice for me, both times when manually ending a mission (1st time a Stronghold, 2nd time Freeplay) by pressing the touchpad to get the map then hold square. Crash came immediately as the bar (that appears when holding square to end the mission) was full.

In both cases the PS4 showed a blue "general error" screen that fairly quickly disappeared when the PS4 turned off automatically. To get the PS4 going again I had to turn it back on and wait for the disk check to complete. Both cases there appeared to be no permanent problem after this.

Have you reported your crash data when prompted? Yes

Message 617 of 1,975 (412 Views)

★★ Novice

Ps4

Psn id: zZAlbertooZz

The Playstation crash when I close the app

Message 618 of 1,975 (412 Views)

★★★ Novice

Console: PS4 Pro

PSN ID: TP_Review

Crash info: I've had it happen in the middle of a mission and right as missions end, the console shuts itself down and am left with a white flashing light on the front of the console and it becomes unresponsive. After a few minutes (5-10) I can switch it on using the button on the console and it runs the memory checker which takes a while. The console is well ventilated and doesn't seem to be getting warm or running the fans more than usual.

Steps to get started: just have to wait until the flashing light stops then restart using the button on the console.

Have you reported? Yes when it gives me the option, but that doesn't seem to happen when it turns itself off.

Message 619 of 1,975 (400 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PlayStation Console: ps4 slim

PSN ID: torombolo176 

Crash Info:  When does the crash take place?  At random moments, only while playing anthem.

Are you having to take specific steps to get your PlayStation going again?   Have to wait anywhere between 30 seconds to 15 minutes, one I get it to turn on the ps4 says it had a memory error and has to repair the memory.

Have you reported your crash data when prompted? 

Yes and have not gotten an answer.

Message 620 of 1,975 (283 Views)