Re: PS4 Crashing Info Gathering

by CeissaDesiste

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

PS4 Pro

Herr_furst

It crashes when I close the application, has done it twice so far. Not reported when prompted

Message 291 of 1,975 (544 Views)

★★ Novice

PlayStation Console: PS4 Pro

PSN ID: Irishrogue007

Crash Info: The crash took place while closing out the application. The system shut completely down. I had to restart the system by pressing the power button. When the system powered back on I received a notice that the system did not power down correctly. It had to repair the hard drive because it did not shut down properly. 

I did report the crash when it opted for me to do so.

Message 292 of 1,975 (543 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Playstation console: ps4

Psn id: febryan75

Yes I experienced a crash and complete console shut down like I lost power.  It crashed when shutting down the game from my dashboard menu and then my console completely powered off without a proper shutdown sequence. I had to power the console back on using the front power button on my console because the controller wouldn't turn it on. It then powered up and reported a error code: CE-36329-3 and stated something was wrong with the system software. And yes I did report crash when prompted.

Message 293 of 1,975 (540 Views)

★★★ Novice

PlayStation Console: PS4

PSN ID: MrXLei

Crash Info:When does the crash take place? Randomly

Are you having to take specific steps to get your PlayStation going again? No

Have you reported your crash data when prompted? (Y/N) Yes

Message 294 of 1,975 (537 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yes ive reported this! The game kept kicking me back to the main screen until it finally shut the console down all together.

Shaggy1246

Message 295 of 1,975 (536 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is exactly how it happened to me! 

Message 296 of 1,975 (532 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

PlayStation Console: PS4 Pro

PSN ID: Gamefreek67

Crash Info:When does the crash take place?  The crash has happened to me three times since launch with the most recent being last night. The first two times the game hard crashed my console when logging out of Anthem and the most recent crash happened when I was trying to load into the "Elysian Secrets" mission with a friend and two randoms.

Are you having to take specific steps to get your PlayStation going again? -  I have to unplug the console, plug it back in and wait for my system to go through the improper shutdown procedure to boot back up.

Have you reported your crash data when prompted? (Y/N) -  Yes I have reported it every time it has happened!

I also want to note that I own the retail Legion of Dawn edition of the game. 

Message 297 of 1,975 (528 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PlayStation Console: Pro

PSN ID: Magoosdm

Crash Info:  To whom it may concern at EA.  In regards to this crash issue with Anthem I would like to report that I am one of those effected by this issue.  I have had crashes take place at different points throughout my gameplay, I will provide examples in a second.  Normally, I just receive a blue screen on the ps4 system I have with an error code and I am returned to the home screen of my ps4.  For example, one such instance happened when I went to enter into the area of Princess Zhim's banquet party during the "Finding Old Friends" mission.  On my first attempt at the mission after talking to the guard to initiate the cutscene, I was immediately met with a blue error screen & error code and then had to rejoin my session, only to have to wait in a EXTRA long loading screen because "a cutscene was running" but I could not view it until I had to restart the mission.  Another example, and a very scary one to be precise as there were 2 other crashes on the same day as you will see below, happened on Saturday March 2nd at 11:55 pm EST in America.  I was playing Anthem for the 3rd time that day, and again had only had two crashes earlier that day.  So when I was finished I did what I always do when I'm done playing, I hit the PS button on my controller so I could close the Anthem application and remove my disk.  Literally as soon as I hit the "Close Application" option...there was a loud click from my system, I think the cooling fan sped up for a second or two, my tv screen had a white/scrambled picture, and then my system shut itself off even though I did not select that option and I could not turn it back on until I unplugged the system for 5-10 minutes.  After getting it back on, I removed my disk and backed up all saved data in case of the worst case scenario.  I contacted PlayStation support and they had me rebuild my hard drive and I didn't have an issue with Anthem today while playing but I only played for a few hours.  To give more/further details, below is the error code, days, and times I have been effected:

Error Code:  CE-34878-0 "An error has occurred in the following application - Anthem"

3/2/19 @ 4:21 pm

3/2/19 @ 11:31 am

2/25/19 @ 7:40 pm

2/24/19 @ 9:02 pm

2/24/19 @ 7:03 pm

2/23/19 @ 4:24 pm

I hope this helps you solve the issue for me and all those effected and that we can all get back to playing this awesome game!  I cannot wait to see what the future brings for it's story and gameplay....especially hoping for some PVP!

Thank you for taking the time to review and address this issue, best wishes to all, and happy gaming!!

Message 298 of 1,975 (528 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Slim
Lurkiness
Usually happens at the end of a mission/stronghold during the end mission timer. Either closes the game or shuts my ps4 off and then I need to “repair” my external hdd due to my ps4 not shutting off properly. $100 for a game and this is what I get Frown
Message 300 of 1,975 (518 Views)

★ Novice

This happened to me, I have a ps4 Pro which is about 15 months old. Has never shut down for any reason.

Whilst playing Anthem it just went off and would not switch back on for maybe 5 or 6 minutes. I was panicking thinking it was dead. Then powered up after I removed the cable and put it back in with the warning  about unplugging it before a shut down.

EA When are you going to release a game that is ready? I have not bought the last Battlefield for this exact reason and I have them all apart from bad company 1.

You were a firm favorite in my game line ups but last year or 2 I've had enough, your reputation is becoming a laughing stock. Sort yourselves out.

Also FYI I posted the following on reddit which sums up my experience of this game so far -

I gave up playing skyrym on ps3 because I got sick of loading screens and I loved that game. This is getting even more tedious than that.

I switch on my ps4 (Pro I might add) after playing the day before and get a loading screen to take me to a screen saying I've been disconnected from the server. I click to join again and get a loading screen. Then I walk to the forge, loading screen, to put on any new items I've got to improve my suit. Leave forge, loading screen. Enter suit, get 0.06 seconds of the cool looking preview of my javelin, then a loading screen. Select mission, loading screen.
And I'm in! After only 6 loading screens.

And here's the best part....

If there's player/s afk or just f'ing useless I get to quit application and start again. Admittedly only 2 or 3 loading screens this time to get back in but still a good 3 minutes.

If I have an hour before work if I get 1 mission done I'm lucky. I am finding myself playing something else to fi those precious minutes to avoid getting stressed before work.

I have since been educated about how to quit a game  not by the game itself by someone who chanced a cross it and spread the word. 

Message 299 of 1,975 (518 Views)