Re: PS4 Crashing Info Gathering

by PoppaPappo

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

PS4 Pro

Lethargicj

I have crashed twice. The first was while downloading the latest patch. Instead of sitting at the main screen I decided to close the game. As soon as I closed the game it crashed my whole system to off state. Had to scan memory before getting it back on.

Second time was just in the middle of playing, doing nothing in particular, just flying to the next thing and bam, system crashed and turned off again. Had to scan memory for errors again.

I sent in reports for both. 

Message 71 of 1,975 (1,263 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

PlayStation Console: PS4 Pro

PSN ID:GHOSTWinters

Crash Info: Has hard crashed a total of 3 times so far since the new patch. It crashes at random moments (while in forge, loading screen, transitioning between levels) I have submitted the reports as stated after waiting about 30+seconds for ps4 to boot up and run its diagnostic check.

Message 72 of 1,975 (1,260 Views)

★★ Novice

PlayStation Console: PS4

PSN ID: GoonOfTheHodor

Crash Info:

When does the crash take place?

At the end of a stronghold, loot page didn't display. Tried to close the application. After application closed, PS4 shut down.

Are you having to take specific steps to get your PlayStation going again?

I had to press the power button on the front of the PS4. Nothing else would rouse the system on.

Have you reported your crash data when prompted? (Y/N)

I did not report it.

Message 73 of 1,975 (1,261 Views)

★★★ Novice
PlayStation Console: PS4 Pro

PSN ID: FirstgameNL

Crash Info: At random times, sometimes after a long play session and sometimes after an hour or so. When it crashes my whole Ps4 gets rebooted and it takes minutes before it boots up again.

Had experience with Kingdom Hearts 3 and Apex as well but that was a one time only. It is why i initiallty thought it was an issue with my PS4 (after a system update). But it happened multiple times now with Anthem..

Have you reported your crash data when prompted?: Yes. The first time it happened.

Message 74 of 1,975 (1,281 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Getting kicked from the server is my much bigger issue.
Message 75 of 1,975 (1,278 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Console: Normal PS4

ID: GetMyNerdOn

Info: So far, the crash has only occurred during loading screens into and out of missions. I don't have to do anything special to turn the PS4 back on beyond waiting a couple seconds and pressing the power button on the console itself. I have reported the crash as requested every time.

Message 76 of 1,975 (1,276 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PlayStation Console: Standard PS4

PSN ID: Gutter_Magik

Crash Info: I've had a different experience from what others have had. I downloaded the "Demo" and only played for about 2 hours and realized the game wasn't for me. So I uninstalled shortly after and ever since I've had these hard crashing problems. Initially, I thought it had to do with my new controller (which I had just bought) because my PS4 would hard crash and then ask to press PS Button to restart your Playstation and when that wouldn't work I have to unplug my Playstation while its still "on" for my controller to work again. However, I've been getting the same error message as many of the other people on this forum and I am concerned that just playing 2 hours of this game was enough to cause this to be a continuing issue. Since downloading the "Demo" I've gotten at least 1 hard crash a day where I have to unplug and restart my playstation. I am aware that if I continue to do that my Playstation has the possibility of "bricking" even though I am not playing the game that started the initial issue.

Reporting: Unfortunately I have not been able to report the issue because every time I have to do a manual restart, the report specific issue message is gone.

Message 77 of 1,975 (1,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

PSN: winwils

email: [edit: email address removed]

Console: PS4 Pro

Issue: Happens mostly while using Freeplay. I receive an error. It will then crash the PS4 and needs to be manually restarted (controller will not restart PS4).

Reported: No

Message 78 of 1,975 (1,278 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

PlayStation Console:  PS4 Slim

Crash Info: It crashed a couple times when I was in Freeplay just wandering around.  I would note that I wasn't with anyone else at the time.  I was just wandering around doing world events by myself.  Now that I think of it, I think that when it crashed it was always soon after I did a world event because I remember always thinking "crap!  I hope I didn't just lose my loot!"

Are you having to take specific steps to get your PlayStation going again?  Not so far.  It either booted me back to the title screen or completely out of the game back to the Playstation home screen.  I then just restarted the game normally.

Have you reported your crash data when prompted? Yes

Message 79 of 1,975 (1,277 Views)

★★ Novice

Psn is Traviesa_xo

I play on PS4 pro

I've crashed at random times. The last time was last night, right after I did a combo on an elite. I didn't report the issue. 

I tried to pick up where I was when I got back on but it didn't let me.

Message 80 of 1,975 (1,267 Views)