Re: PS4 Controller in Star Wars: BATTLEFRONT II

by TTV_tom6nicoleYT

Original Post

PS4 Controller in Star Wars: BATTLEFRONT II

★★★★★ Newbie

Hello

I played SW: BF on PS4 earlier, I was amazing pilot. I started playing SW: BF II on PC. I tried flying with PS4 Controller, by simply plugging it in with USB. It worked great, no programes, no problemu. I could even change controller to keyboard in the middle of a fight. But after some Time, it stopped working, completely! I tried again and again, but still nothing. I called support and they told me to use DS4, because orgin supports only XBox controllers. Turned out that something dont work and it was preforming terrible. It's werid because earlier it worked!

Someone know the answer?

Message 1 of 4 (14,170 Views)

Community Manager

Sorry to hear that you are having issues @CheddarManPL.

Can you check that your controller software is fully up to date?

Also, can you try clean booting your PC and then using your controller again: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

I would also suggest that you ensure that when in game you have all other input methods turned off.

Dakro

Darko.png
Message 2 of 4 (14,161 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I use DS4 and it works fine. Before that It would sometimes work and sometimes not. You have to set up DS4 before you launch the game. 

Message 3 of 4 (14,121 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hello there

i also have been having the same issue

i also tried plugging with usb and stuff

but i tried adding origin to steam by going to the steam app selecting: (games/add a non steam game/(find origin and click on the box)/select add)

then go to big picture 

plug in ur ps4 controller then go to games and find origin 

when u find origin open it and launch battle front I/II and then poof but the downside is the game wont notice it as a ps4 controller instead itll recognize it as a xbox controller but most important thing is for it to work right???

Message 4 of 4 (5,631 Views)