Re: PS4 - Can't play since Grand Soiree event - Error CE-34878-0

by PelukoYo

Original Post

PS4 - Can't play since Grand Soiree event - Error CE-34878-0

★ Apprentice

Hello. I've been playing Apex on PS4 since it's launch, but when the update for the Grand Soiree event came out, it started to crash with CE-34878-0 error.

For the first weeks it usually lets me play for a few seconds on the beginning of the game and then it freezes an I get the screen for error CE-34878-0. Since the Grand Soiree event until the launch of Season 4 I only could play for 4 or 5 days, the other days were impossible. I didn't mind then because I was busy with Death Stranding...

But now, since the launch of Season 4, I haven't managed to play a single game, when I try I can go into character selection screen and before jumping I got the crash.

I've tried:

- Login with another PS and EA account

- Reinstall the game

- Reset the PS4 with a backup

- Completely reset the PS4 as a new console, Apex the only game installed

Nothing works, I can't play Apex Legends. All the other games I own works flawlessly (for example Death Stranding, Fortnite, Detroit become human...), so the problem is in Apex itself.

Message 1 of 6 (322 Views)

★ Apprentice

... of course I've tried to disable the speech to text conversion. Won't work.

Message 2 of 6 (315 Views)

★★★ Novice

Glad someone else is having this same issue, I contacted EA and said that it was a sony issue, which it clearly isn't because it only happens on their game. It only started happening to me since the new season dropped, I have gotten that error so much to the point that I have a 300 abandoned penalty. 

Message 3 of 6 (297 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nonsense. *. All the other games work fine in my PS4. In the meanwhile, I'm growing fond of Fortnite...

Message 4 of 6 (281 Views)

★★★ Novice

Im having same problem almost every 1 hour pop up this error cant even play 

Message 5 of 6 (261 Views)

★ Apprentice

New udpate, 1.29, same crap as before, nothing changes. I've been unable to play a single game on Season 4. Fortunatelly, I haven't paid for the battlepass.

Message 6 of 6 (213 Views)