PS4 BF1 online friends joining bug

by Mehnesh

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4 BF1 online friends joining bug

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
Since lunch & online friends list page still buggy! If you don't know the causing problem why not adding a button to refresh the list?!

Sometime shows that friends they just online not playing while they are playing! or joins you to a different server! it so annoying so you need to restart the game!
Message 1 of 11 (18,241 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: BF1 online friends joining bug

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

If you can´t press the triangle button because it´s missing in your BF1 list, there are other ways.

I suppose you play with a PSN party, you can join them there.

But normally, at least 2 of the 7 other guys in your party have that triangle button in the BF1 friends menu.

If not, they can simply invite you.

In the BF1 main menu (start screen) there´s a picture of your friends playing on a server, you can directly join them.

Are you in a platoon? If so, tab L1 until the menu pops up (or use the soldier menu), hit "platoon" and join one of your playing friends. This is the way that I normally choose.

Or press the PS button, move cursor to BF1 and then down, you´ll see some of your friends and can join their session.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask Standard smile

View in thread

Message 6 of 11 (22,559 Views)

All Replies

EA Community Manager

Hey @Mehnesh,

sorry to hear you're experiencing issues. If you have trouble with the online status of certain friends, can you try removing and readding them to your list?

If you're having trouble to join the same server, you can usually do so via the origin chat ("Join game and party").

(Also moving the thread to the BF1 board).

Message 2 of 11 (18,218 Views)

★★★ Guide

This issue has been around for a fair while now unfortunately, a few ways to bypass it would be through the in-game main menu as it shows friends playing or if you both share a platoon - if this is for PC one fix I found that works occasionally is if you send them a message through Origin, sometimes that fixes the issue and allows you to join on others / vice versa though may not always work.

Message 3 of 11 (18,213 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)
Hey @Mehnesh,

Sorry for any frustration this has caused.

Have you tried "repairing" the Battlefield 1 files in Origin, to see if this helps?

Also, you should be able to join your friends from the friends list screen in Battlefield 1.

You can also try joining them through the same Platoon like @LapisRadzuli mentioned.

If you are unable to do so, try removing and re-adding them like @EA_Joker has stated.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks Standard smile

★★★ Novice
Sorry forgot to mention that the problem is on PS4 platform
Message 5 of 11 (18,189 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

If you can´t press the triangle button because it´s missing in your BF1 list, there are other ways.

I suppose you play with a PSN party, you can join them there.

But normally, at least 2 of the 7 other guys in your party have that triangle button in the BF1 friends menu.

If not, they can simply invite you.

In the BF1 main menu (start screen) there´s a picture of your friends playing on a server, you can directly join them.

Are you in a platoon? If so, tab L1 until the menu pops up (or use the soldier menu), hit "platoon" and join one of your playing friends. This is the way that I normally choose.

Or press the PS button, move cursor to BF1 and then down, you´ll see some of your friends and can join their session.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask Standard smile

Message 6 of 11 (22,560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

"If you can´t press the triangle button because it´s missing in your BF1 list, there are other ways.

I suppose you play with a PSN party, you can join them there"

So it's known bug! why it still there since lunch?!

"But normally, at least 2 of the 7 other guys in your party have that triangle button in the BF1 friends menu.

If not, they can simply invite you"

the funny thing is they have the same problem most of time & they have to restart the game to join or invite

"In the BF1 main menu (start screen) there´s a picture of your friends playing on a server, you can directly join them"

I know that one but most of time it show up a message that it's an ended session or joins me to another server!

"Are you in a platoon? If so, tab L1 until the menu pops up (or use the soldier menu), hit "platoon" and join one of your playing friends. This is the way that I normally choose"

I'll try this one as a D plan xD

"Or press the PS button" move cursor to BF1 and then down, you´ll see some of your friends and can join their session"

I know that too & there's another way to that by the player profile but most of the time show me that the player is playing BF1 but with no session

& thank you so much OURUMOV13 for your time & I hope dice devs see this & fix it ASAP because it something basic & it's killing the fun

Message 7 of 11 (18,173 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@Mehnesh, you´re welcome.

I´ve been dealing with this problem for some time now, hopefully it will be fixed.

If my suggestions help you to enjoy BF1 a little bit more, I´m happy then. Standard smile

Message 8 of 11 (18,158 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @Mehnesh and good to know you were able to find a workaround for this. And of course all the help from our community is highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 9 of 11 (18,143 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Have all the same comment to make.  Only works to restart bf1.

Message 10 of 11 (14,625 Views)