Re: PS4 Apex legends. Aiming issue

by MonteJT

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4 Apex legends. Aiming issue

★★★ Newbie

Hey there, Everytime I aim down sight, my crosshairs always creep up slowly. And I have to adjust it every second or two, especially if I am trying to survey an area with scope. This even happens when I'm trying to loot, as I try to pick stuff up, it scrolls back up to the top. Is this a controller issue or some setting I can maybe change? Thank you

Message 1 of 3 (2,179 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Newbie

I understand this was posted a week ago and you may have found a solution already, but try adjusting the right stick “deadzone”.

What you are experiencing is controller drifting, which occurs when the stick is too loose, causing it to send an input when it is in the neutral position in the center.

Increasing the “deadzone” will increase the amount of space it takes the stick to move before it registers input. You generally want the deadzone to be small enough to where you aiming is more precise, but not too small to where drifting occurs.

Hope this helps

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,976 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I understand this was posted a week ago and you may have found a solution already, but try adjusting the right stick “deadzone”.

What you are experiencing is controller drifting, which occurs when the stick is too loose, causing it to send an input when it is in the neutral position in the center.

Increasing the “deadzone” will increase the amount of space it takes the stick to move before it registers input. You generally want the deadzone to be small enough to where you aiming is more precise, but not too small to where drifting occurs.

Hope this helps

Message 2 of 3 (1,977 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Id say thisbis correct but ive even adjusted mybsetting back and forth for deadzones and still is messed up

Message 3 of 3 (1,512 Views)