Re: PS4 Apex Legends Data keeps Corrupting

by EA_David

Original Post

PS4 Apex Legends Data keeps Corrupting

★★★ Newbie

PS4 Apex Legends Data keeps corrupting

this all begun after the patch that added the 'Havoc' weapon, initially, it started out as what i assume a simple loading glitch. what would happen is that i would start the game and it would load to the point where it would have the "X continue" prompt to load into the main menu but instead of properly loading it would go to a black screen with the apex loading symbol in the bottom right  and it would infinitely load and never actually go into the game and would be stuck in this state indefinitely.

i then proceeded to delete the game and reinstall it through the playstation store, once redownloaded it did actually load into the main menu but this is where another major issue arose. when i begin a game and/or started training about a minute in the game would bluescreen and say:

"Cannot continue using the application
the data for the following application is corrupted. Delete the application from the ps4 then download it again from [library] on the home screen."

i then would and have deleted and reinstalled the game 5+ times with each time facing the exact same problem.

Side note

• when reinstalling the game i attempted and with best of my knowledge deleted all trace of the game of my ps4
  • when apex would crash in-game i could still hear and speak to other teammates in the game, therefore, my in-game character was still in the game until i would be forced to close the app as i couldn't get out of the blue screen with the info i stated above

Please help

Message 1 of 18 (8,463 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @Gabrielowlesnz  it's rough to hear you've tried fixing this through 5 re-installs already. Can you let me know of the following below?

It's possible the game is getting corrupted from the download due to a connection hiccup. Be sure to reboot the power on your modem/router by unplugging it for about 5 minutes. If you're downloading it on WiFi, try moving to a wired connection for the download if it's possible. A wired connection will be mores stable during a data transfer.

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 18 (8,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have turned off the "convert incoming voice chat to text" therefore it can't be that (i did this a couple of weeks ago). Initially, it was sorted an external Toshiba hard drive i have now changed this and stored it on the actual ps4 storage. As for re-initialization, i was hoping it wouldn't get to this point but ill do that now and get back to you.

thanks for the tips hopefully this works!

Message 3 of 18 (8,406 Views)

Community Manager

@Gabrielowlesnz 

While it's possible to install it on a non-official Sony PlayStation external hard drive and play the game, I've seen technical issues pop up more often than not when that's done though. Be mindful of where the files are being installed. I've seen a game get installed on the external hard drive but game updates were sent to the internal hard drive, so the game is pulling data from two different sources which resulted in crashes. 

Hope to hear some positive results from you soon. Good luck in the ring!

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 18 (8,391 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Help i i have a issue on ps4 ever since season 2 launched i couldn't update the game and it kept saying can't download data corrupted i tried like 5 times and then deleted the game and tried downloading it again from start but still can't play it it gives same eror 

I can download and update every other game

Message 5 of 18 (7,644 Views)

Community Manager

@talha19901990 Do you have the game installed on an external drive? If so, can you try installing to the default/internal drive and see if anything changes?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 6 of 18 (7,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How can I tell if it’s pulling from 2 different sources ? 

Message 7 of 18 (6,328 Views)

Community Manager

@OG-Prodigyx23 

You can't really tell, it will just do that on it's own. Only way you can really verify there are files on both drives is to uninstall the content from the external and then unplug it to see if there are still files on the internal. 

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 18 (6,323 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

for the past few months i get blue error screen every 2 or 3 games. I recently got banned from  PS for a month so i made a new account and played again. For the past month i haven't had blue screen once. I just got my account back an hour ago and within 10 minutes ive had it twice. Il get the error code next time it happens within the hour. I play apex, fifa, need for speed, fortnite, cod, division, gta and few more, and it never happens. Obviously something with my account if its been fine the past month. Id just use the other account but everything from ranked and my my battle pass is on my main account. please help, I just want to play apex haha and this really makes me not want to play.

Message 9 of 18 (6,216 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry CE-34878-0
Message 10 of 18 (6,213 Views)