Re: (PS4)Anthem wont launch

by Namtsae1973

Original Post

(PS4)Anthem wont launch

★★★ Novice

I just bought the game and attempted to play when it gave me three error notifications when the load bar reach about a Quarter of the way.  It says:

“Connection problem, error retrieving anthem live service data”

”you have lost your connection to the EA servers”

”Unknown error”

I have never even had the chance to play this game I paid 80 dollars for and I have no idea how to fix this.  The ea support guys have helped me but nothing they said worked.  Has anybody found this problem or fixed it on PS4?

Message 1 of 16 (3,997 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hey @PowerGoK1ller42

There are some steps you can try, to see if it helps:

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-playstation/

You can also try opening the suggested Ports for Anthem:

https://portforward.com/anthem/

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

★★★ Novice

People keep saying this and I tried it but it still doesn’t work.

Message 3 of 16 (3,974 Views)

★ Apprentice

Ive tried al this. I even tried connecting directly to my modem and had same issues. 

When every single other game or internet service works but Anthem, it's Anthems issue.

Message 4 of 16 (3,970 Views)

★★ Apprentice

been having this issue for roughly 4 days now Standard smile other than the occasional "have you tried shutting down ps4"-like tips nothing has happened as far as i can tell. is this a joke?

Message 5 of 16 (3,958 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have had the same problem since Friday and contacted EA and tried everything they said to do but nothing helped. Only advice I can give is keep on trying to log in and sometimes you’ll get in but after you do a mission you’ll get booted. It’s not your end that’s not working it’s EA!!!!!!

Message 6 of 16 (3,944 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I manager to play this afternoon, now I'm having the same problem unknown error, unable to retrieve data, and the new error I got is this in the image.

Message 7 of 16 (3,927 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I've been getting the same problem all day, same message and all that. Since 830 this morning

Message 8 of 16 (3,923 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I'm on Xbox One though
Message 9 of 16 (3,921 Views)

★★ Novice

Same deal here. Played this afternoon now nothing. This is completely ridiculous and unacceptable. I will definitely reconsider purchasing future EA products since it’s been four days and I still can’t play the game I paid for

Message 10 of 16 (3,918 Views)