Re: PC server side latency issues?

by Nashic

Original Post

Re: PC latency issues

★★ Apprentice

Do you have an MSI motherboard or a Killer Network Card/NIC?

you may need to set the priority of BFV to the highest.

Message 11 of 13 (769 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep I have this problem on Australian servers, start a game off at 24ms ping and it will randomly jump to 300+ms. It's doing my head in, I have opened all required ports on my modem and it did bring the ping spikes down from 700+ but no where near playable at 300+ still. Have attached a UOTrace for review. Out of game I get a constant 22ms and have stable latency in other games it's only BFV that has this issue. I'm glad to hear that other people share my problem.

Message 12 of 13 (750 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same issue is happening to me. At the fresh start of the game, ping is fine ans stable but after a few minutes it starts going all over the place (200+) with insane rubber banding making the game basically unplayable and leading to irrepressible urge to smash desk with fists.

I killed the killer lan process which prevented the server disconnection I occasionally experienced. As I am more and more convinced this is not network-related (no issue in any other game), I tried re-enabling the gpu memory restriction in the graphics options, which I had initially turned off thinking it would give me better performance. During the next two rounds my ping was stable to the usual value. My 'theory' is that if the vram amount in the graphics card is not large enough, disabling the memory restriction leads to consequences very similar to network lag. I did not notice any significant loss of fps either. I need to confirm this with more testing. Hope this helps.

Message 13 of 13 (711 Views)