Re: PC latency issues

by ventura_LSJ

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC server side latency issues?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I'm getting latency spikes on and off and see my player pause and rubberband. I have the network graph on and see no packet loss, but the latency spikes are prevalent. It goes on and off, on and off. Ping starts at 35 and goes up to 185+. On the network graph, the Latency plot is straight on and then straight off, like a digital signal.

To compare, I fired up Battlefield 1, played for 15 minutes and it is fine, a solid 10-14 ping the entire time. No spikes.

I have Spectrum, formerly Time Warner in the Los Angeles area, 400 DL, 25 UL.

I searched and found no other tickets submitted here, but there are a few of us having the same problem on the BFV forum.

https://forums.battlefield.com/en-us/discussion/161486/ping-problem#latest

Turning off DX12 does not work for me. 

Let me know if you need any logs or diags. I'll be happy to provide whatever I can supply.

I've done everything I know of to remedy this, except forwarding ports. I can try that when I get home, later today.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 13 (3,881 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the link. This is a server side problem, not a local machine issue. 

We are reporting lag spikes, not overall input lag. I do appreciate the help. I'll take any and all ideas. 

I re-installed the game after the last patch and it cleared up my ping spike problems. It was actually solid before I did the uninstall. It just magically fixed itself. The same was reported by a few others.

FFR does eliminate input lag, big time. I turned that stuff off, along with Motion Blur, Vertical Sync and all the goofy post processing stuff.. It's a shame that my video card only runs at +/- 50%, now, giving an experience not quite as good as when I had Future Frame Rendering turned on. I'm sure DICE will clean up this issue, since people are freaking out about it.

So, my game is nowhere near as smooth, but I'm free of any kind of lag, YAY!!

View in thread

Message 10 of 13 (3,630 Views)

All Replies

Message 2 of 13 (3,870 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Tried that and everything is fine from what I can tell. Like I said, Battlefield 1 runs perfectly, with my ping varying very little on West Coast Servers, 10-14 ping. I'll attach my findings.

Message 3 of 13 (3,822 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Image of my net graph attached. The game is now unplayable for me, or unenjoyable until this gets rectified.

Message 4 of 13 (3,813 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Bumping for visibility
Message 5 of 13 (3,792 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Nothing, huh?

Frown

Message 6 of 13 (3,742 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same issue.  Charter Spectrum here.  I was in contact with company all night, this problem is not on their end but they have BF5 as the 2nd highest complained about issue on a website that displays such info. So their are a ton of us with the same exact issue. Ping spikes from 20 to 60 to 100 to 200 to 300 all over the place.   If it was a constant higher than normal ping it wouldn't even be near the issue it is, but its all over and has been going on for more than a week.  

Message 7 of 13 (3,696 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same here....im even getting neat lil symbols while playing...was able to snap a pic of them...

Message 8 of 13 (3,689 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@xDeathbox_2112 Have a look at a write up I did for best FPS in BFV if you have Future Frame rendering on ingame it will give Latency. Try the setting I posted as well as the video settings for the guy on YouTube it all should help you, just keep Future Frame rendering OFF .... 

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Set-up-for-the-most-FPS-in-BFV/m-p/7187463#M3149

Message 9 of 13 (3,680 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the link. This is a server side problem, not a local machine issue. 

We are reporting lag spikes, not overall input lag. I do appreciate the help. I'll take any and all ideas. 

I re-installed the game after the last patch and it cleared up my ping spike problems. It was actually solid before I did the uninstall. It just magically fixed itself. The same was reported by a few others.

FFR does eliminate input lag, big time. I turned that stuff off, along with Motion Blur, Vertical Sync and all the goofy post processing stuff.. It's a shame that my video card only runs at +/- 50%, now, giving an experience not quite as good as when I had Future Frame Rendering turned on. I'm sure DICE will clean up this issue, since people are freaking out about it.

So, my game is nowhere near as smooth, but I'm free of any kind of lag, YAY!!

Message 10 of 13 (3,631 Views)