Message 11 of 23 (1,303 Views)

Re: PC restarts after quitting game

★★★★ Novice
@MediumOak Same gpu as mine, but not the same as the topic starter
Message 12 of 23 (1,297 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Same issue here only happens with bfv, cleared origin cache worked ok then back to shutting down when you exit the game :/

R 7 2700X

RX Vega 8gb

Message 13 of 23 (1,279 Views)

★★★ Novice

yup still happening for me.

r9 290

i5 3470

Message 14 of 23 (1,265 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys,

I also had this problem with the computer screen going black and then restarting the whole computer after I hit quit in Battlefield 5. For now, I have rolled back my graphics drivers to 19.9.2 (the previous recommended driver) and it seems to be working for now. I had the optional most recent drivers installed when the game crashed (19.10.2). After searching online and finding this thread, I noticed we all have AMD cards and the latest drivers could be causing the issue. I have experienced this problem in the newest call of duty modern warfare game where right before a level loaded my monitor went black and shut down promptly right after just like with BF5 hitting quit. Therefore, I think it might be a driver problem instead of with battlefield specifically. Unless something has changed recently. I played battlefield a few months ago regularly and had no issues before, only this week for the pacific update did this occur.

Hope that helps and hopefully Dice or AMD can check out this issue and have a fix for us soon.

GPU: r9 Fury

CPU: i7 2600k

Message 15 of 23 (1,233 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem, I deleted Origin's cache, rolled back the driver (I also have an AMD GPU, RX570), worked fine for a few hours then the next day it started happening again. I play in Fullscreen btw, not sure if Borderless could change anything about the situation... I honestly have no idea why is it happening. I have no problems with any other games.

Message 16 of 23 (1,198 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Don't know why, but today I could quit twice without a problem. Maybe there was a little late for it?

Message 17 of 23 (1,193 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem here. PC restarts itself after quitting a game normally. Battlefield 1 & Mass Effect Andromeda were the games I was playing when this happened. 

GPU:Radeon HD 7870 (driver: 19.10.2)

CPU: i7 3770

Message 18 of 23 (1,143 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah me too, highly annoying happens with BF1 BFV and Plants Vs Zombies! 

Raedon RX580 Red Devil

AMD 2700X

Message 19 of 23 (1,101 Views)

★ Novice

I have the same issue on Battlefield 1, 5930k i7 and nitro vega 64 i can play for 8 hours no problems yes 8 hours but when i hit the quit battlefield icon it says to quit game i click yes and instead of going to desktop, the screen goes black and my pc is booting up. This just started happening, i have 19.11.3 adrenalin and windows 10 updated to 1909. I dont think it happens when i just start the game and exit. seems to happen when i've been playing for a while. I don't know but this is a new one for me. Very odd.

Message 20 of 23 (1,058 Views)