PC performance info gathering thread.

by EA_David

Original Post

Re: PC performance info gathering thread.

★ Novice
@EA_David I cannot even play the game, because i cannot look down, and it makes the game unplayable. I have tried multiple mouses, disabling in game overlays, redownloading the game. None of which worked.
Message 21 of 497 (2,262 Views)

★★★ Novice

What precisely happens for you?

- Having good FPS, but stuttering happen very frequently.

Where do you see this issue? If it only occurs in certain modes or regions, please list them.

- Mostly when other player present. It happen most frequently at PVP mode. It also happen when I am in a public hub.

When there are no other player, some stuttering still happen, mostly from shooting or using ability.

If you monitor your PC performance, what do you see for CPU and GPU usage?

- CPU usage 95% - 100% constantly  GPU usage ~30%

If you go to the World Options (the globe at the exit to your hub), does swapping the world to Private or Private with AI change anything?

- Yes. Stuttering will happen less frequently when the world change to private / private with AI, but some little stuttering will still happen

If you restart with a Clean Boot and just launch the game, does that have any effect?

- Nope

If any graphics/options tweaks had an impact for you.

- When graphics set to low, I can get constant 60 FPS. When graphics set to ultra, I get 55-60 FPS.

Message 22 of 497 (2,224 Views)

★★★★ Novice

-What precisely happens for you?
The game plays really nicely and reaches up to 120FPS in the hub area. Once i get into a big fight though (mostly in multiplayer) the frames start awfully dropping to almost 40 fps.
And there's some god awful ping on every server i join

-Where do you see this issue? If it only occurs in certain modes or regions, please list them.
It only happens in multiplayer and (sometimes if there are a lot of enemies) in the town center. Giddy park is fine.

-If you monitor your PC performance, what do you see for CPU and GPU usage?
GPU is about 60% while the CPU sometimes reaches up to 99%

(Swapping the world to private doesn't do anything as giddy park doesn't actually lag for me at all, restarts sometimes make the lag a bit less awful but then it comes back, and changing graphic options literally doesnt help)

(dxdiag attached)

Message 23 of 497 (2,215 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am having all of the same problems that have been listed in previous comments. 
Thanks for making a forum about this issue instead of sweeping it under the rug like most devs would.

Message 24 of 497 (2,197 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

What precisely happens for you?

I experience two major issues. The first is low GPU usage. I'm playing at 4k Ultra and usage will hover around 60 - 80 percent even though my CPU usage is only around 20%. The game seemingly locks itself to 48 fps and won't go any higher. Even went I set everything to low it wouldn't go above 48fps. on the off chance that it does get to full usage and I hit 60fps, there is major stutter. Second issues is what appears to be server lag. When I press an ability like the Rocket Jump on the soldier zombie there is a delay for when it actually happens in-game. The sound will play but the animation won't until half a second after use and make it impossible to use with any Precision. This lag also causes other players to teleport around from time to time. 

If you monitor your PC performance, what do you see for CPU and GPU usage?

at 4k GPU usage will hover between 60%-80% CPU around 20%

Message 25 of 497 (2,156 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey all.

We've gotten word from our game teams that swapping to DX11 may resolve this issue for you guys.

If you could, please navigate to the in-game settings cogwheel and if you've got Direct3D 12 enabled under "Graphics API" toggle it over to Direct3D 11 and let us know if you see an improvement?

Thanks!

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 26 of 497 (2,136 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, it Does not work, Still Really laggy. 

Message 27 of 497 (2,125 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@EA_Arrenai

I've been exclusively running DX11 and have severe stuttering no matter what graphical settings I'm using.
I briefly switched to DX12 hoping for smoother gameplay but it behaves exactly the same.

Message 28 of 497 (2,111 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I only playing with DX11, and thats where i have the issues =D

Message 29 of 497 (2,083 Views)

no matter direct x11 that 12 still doesn't work well

Message 30 of 497 (2,073 Views)