PC lag, game freezes for 10+ seconds)

by meanrak

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC lag, game freezes for 10+ seconds)

★★★★★ Novice

PC game lags, game freezes for more than 10 seconds

I recorded video... it seems to me it started after last patch, but also Win10 was updated recently, so I'm quite not sure about the source of this issue.

https://youtu.be/KgnylGARddc?t=31

In video lag starts around 0:34.. you can see bloodhound stopped running.. and I can't "move" in-game until 0:51... this time I was lucky there was no enemy, but it usually happens in middle of fight which is deadly Large smile

Just looking for someone to confirm having the same issue,.. also if possible solution.

Not sure if it might be related to PC specs: Ryzen 7 1800X, 32GB RAM, internet speed is 100/100 Mbit/s (I don't seems to have any other issues with internet during these game freezes, video stream are running OK, ping to some well-known server is stable).

Message 1 of 17 (1,522 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PC lag, game freezes for 10+ seconds)

Hey @meanrak 

Can you troubleshoot your connection if you haven't already?

EA Help - Connection Troubleshooting 

I wonder what skyrockets your latency.

It might worth to clean boot to see if it's not a 3rd party program messing with your network.

Let me know how that goes. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 13 of 17 (1,799 Views)

All Replies

@meanrak What is the occurence rate?

Might be a server issue. Which server are you playing on? Have you tried to play on a different server/region?
Message 2 of 17 (1,499 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@NervousAndPotato I'm usually getting one of Frankfurt servers, I tried to switch to some other the other day (not sure if it was Amsterdam or Belgium), but I had same issue. It is quite random usually I can play few games without any issue. Today I tried top play few games on Belgium-3 and so far without issue.. so lets see Standard smile
Message 3 of 17 (1,486 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@NervousAndPotato Well, no, changing DC is not changing it... it is happening everywhere.. last game I had 4 such 20s lag spikes in one game... not really fun anymore, not even trying to enter ranked.. Frown
Message 4 of 17 (1,470 Views)

@meanrak Does it only happen in Apex Legends? If it is a general problem I would advise you to update your drivers(especially network ones).

You can also roll back to the previous Windows version, there is a option for that in the settings. If it still continues you can always update it without a problem.

Last, check your router/wireless. Close your phone's WIFI :D. Keep me updated.

Good luck.
Message 5 of 17 (1,464 Views)

Hey @meanrak 

Have you already tried Changing DNS?

Let me know if that changed anything.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 6 of 17 (1,433 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@NervousAndPotato No such issues in other games (eg Overwatch running without any hiccups).

I updated all driver (actually the only new was Nvidia driver), but the issue is still present. Is there any way to "debug" it?
Message 7 of 17 (1,423 Views)

@meanrak Thing is you are getting a prediction error(red symbol at the up right corner). If everyone getting that error with you, problem is with the server. But if you are the only one getting this, your connections is the problem. Change DNS(as @Zeelmaekers said), flush your IP etc. Look at the connectivity issue solutions on Google, I'm sure you will find something. Also check Zeelmaekers's guide, that's a pretty comprehensive troubleshooting guide.

Good luck! 

Message 8 of 17 (1,405 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I didn't have any lag today, and I didn't change anything except the drivers for GPU, so I expect it was something on my ISP infrastructure... Large smile

Thanks for advices guys!

Edit: wrote this like 30 minutes ago, no lag... and now I started ranked and sure I die when jumping geysir because I lag in middle of ascent!!!

Message 9 of 17 (1,390 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@meanrak Testing DNS settings... even I highly doubt it is causing such lag issues Large smile
Message 10 of 17 (1,379 Views)