Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

PC key bindings file

by Danteska

Original Post

PC key bindings file

★★★★ Novice

There are some keys in the game that cannot be edited in-game. All-drive feature uses numpad keys but my Corsair K63 mechanical keyboard is TKL, which means that it doesn't have a numpad and so I cannot use All-drive because it cannot be remapped to anything else in-game.

Control options do not display all the key bindings either. For example G lets you to turn off the engine but you can't change it, it's not displayed anywhere.

If I would somehow be able to find the config file where these key bindings are saved, I could manually edit the numpad bindings to something like F1, F2, F3 and F4 so I can use the All-drive feature that lets you disable break-to-drift and has the drift/grip slider... I haven't found any other way to change these settings and, on top of that, some races in the World map use numpad2 and numpad 4 to cycle through other options and I can't use that either...

There's a PROFILEOPTIONS_profile file inside %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Need for Speed Heat\settings but it doesn't have these key bindings...

Message 1 of 3 (80 Views)

Betreff: PC key bindings file

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Keybindings file is cryptic with some md5 Check, you can't edit the file.

"C:\Users\<User>\Documents\Need for Speed Heat\settings\PROFILEOPTIONS"

Message 2 of 3 (52 Views)

Betreff: PC key bindings file

★★★★ Novice
@Kuch3nBear I'll try to decrypt it with something I guess. Spec Ops: The Line had something similar and it was possible to decrypt the file and encrypt it back once edited.
Message 3 of 3 (37 Views)

fifa-20-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help