PC games keep crashing after BF2 update

by PsyEd2k4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC games keep crashing after BF2 update

★ Guide
Ever since update of SW:BF2 the game plays but framerate keeps dropping to a point the game freezes. Happens on both dx 11 and 12. Hour priot to update I never had issues with the gane.
Message 1 of 9 (795 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PC games keep crashing after BF2 update

★ Guide

Ok here's the solution for me that worked. So this problem came AFTER the patch was released. I reinstalled my game on SSD...then SSHD and then even a slower 5400rpm disk. I even went down clearing CMOS. Even the latest nvidia driver that came out didn't do any good.

And then I realized this SOB >> "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront II" never gets deleted when uninstalling. So deleted that whole folder and now everything back to normal. There is no issues with DX12 or whatever.  All thanks to me :eahigh_file:

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (594 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey @PsyEd2k4 sorry to hear about the problems you are having, could you upload a dxdiag so we can see what drivers and hardware that you have, 

How to do a dxdiag: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

/Atic 

Message 2 of 9 (752 Views)

★ Guide

Here it is

Message 3 of 9 (739 Views)

Champion
That' s a lot of hard drives / partitions. Which one is the game loaded on?
GLHF.
GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 4 of 9 (708 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @PsyEd2k4 Do you play with DX12 on?

/Atic 

Message 5 of 9 (699 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Please read my original post. Doesn't matter if I use DX11 or DX12. I used DX11 to get HFTS shadowing...right after patch the game slows down to single digit fps and then freeze. Used DX12 and exact same issue. The hour before update it was playing fine and this game never crash/froze on me to date until this 2.0 patch.

My rig is solid, including number other DICE games which has ZERO issues to date. This game is installed in my Samsung SSD evo pro. Have no issues running any other game from that either.

Message 6 of 9 (681 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @PsyEd2k4 make sure that everything is up to date, driver and windows. 

There are a few steps you can try to help with. 

• Try tuning off windows Xbox game bar
  • Try doing a clean boot.Its to see if there any programs messing with SWBF2. 
  • Take a look that its not ever heating the PC. 
  • Re-install GPU drivers, 

Let us know if anything works. Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 7 of 9 (632 Views)

★ Guide

No NONE of them work. I did use my google skills to go through them. It's JUST this game. I can use BF1 in DX12 with no crash.

Can you advise me how to enable CRASH DUMP/LOG for this game so I can send over? The 2.0 for the junk menu causing this game to crash...even leaving the game at menu it will crash. Very poo work from DICE.

Message 8 of 9 (609 Views)

★ Guide

Ok here's the solution for me that worked. So this problem came AFTER the patch was released. I reinstalled my game on SSD...then SSHD and then even a slower 5400rpm disk. I even went down clearing CMOS. Even the latest nvidia driver that came out didn't do any good.

And then I realized this SOB >> "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\STAR WARS Battlefront II" never gets deleted when uninstalling. So deleted that whole folder and now everything back to normal. There is no issues with DX12 or whatever.  All thanks to me :eahigh_file:

Message 9 of 9 (595 Views)