Re: PC game w/ Xbox One controller

by ScAwN7

Original Post

PC game w/ Xbox One controller

★★★★ Novice

Since the patch last Monday 09/10/18 I have noticed an issue with the controls, but only when controlling a player. Before the patch, you could move your left joystick just slightly and the player you were controlling would begin to move slowly, just like you expect. Since the patch, it seems the left joystick now has a huge deadzone and you have to push it almost half way to the limit before the player will start moving. By this time, the player takes off running (sometimes jogging). This is also causing a delay in player response since you have to push the joystick further to get the player to react. I know it's something in the patch because when kicking a field goal or kickoff, you can move the left joystick just a little and the kicking arch responds. That tells me the game is recognizing the joystick just fine and this is something they have changed in the last patch.

I've gone through all of my own troubleshooting (other Xbox One controllers have same issue, but all other games work fine). I even uninstalled the game and reinstalled it because an EA Tech said my patch was out of sync and this would fix it. Of course it didn't do anything but waste an hour re-downloading 40GB of data. Can anyone else tell me if they've noticed this? I don't think there's a fix other than EA readjusting the control response.

Message 1 of 2 (161 Views)

Re: PC game w/ Xbox One controller

★★★★ Novice

Bump for @EA_Barry. Would like some kind of acknowledgment that this is being looked in to. Can't continue playing the game like this.

Message 2 of 2 (138 Views)