Re: PC freezes, High GPU usage

by DemonicPandaO

Original Post

PC freezes, High GPU usage

★ Novice

Hi there! Since yesterdays update I got several issues. 1st: Game randomly freezes my whole rig, whenever it will decide to. 2nd: does your settings even work ? I am getting 99% use of GPU on lowest setting and same on the highest and only can see maybe 5-7 frames difference. I saw topic about unchecking one core for origin. Played for about one hour haven't got freeze, should test more this evening. On screens you can see usage of my PC by the game, temp, etc. Why the hek game is using so much gpu even on lowest settings ?

Message 1 of 6 (423 Views)

Hey @DemonicPandaO 

Can you attach a Dxdiag file to your post?
This way we have more information and can troubleshoot this issue more effectively. Wink

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 2 of 6 (395 Views)

★ Novice

In attachment. By the way, played for about 3 hours and got no freeze today. I hope disabling 1 core worked. Will see. But still insane gpu usage.

Message 3 of 6 (378 Views)

Hey @DemonicPandaO 

A High GPU usage isn't something to worry about, that's normal, my 2070 is also around 80-95% in use so don't worry about that.
Glad the freezes are a gone, can you confirm it's the issue is gone?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png
Message 4 of 6 (314 Views)

★ Novice

It seems like problem still here but it show up very rarely. Yesterday I got freeze once, not in the match but just in lobby. It appears absolutely randomly. 

Message 5 of 6 (301 Views)

★ Novice

Just got freeze. Even with 1 core turned off. I hate this. The only game I have this problem.... 

Message 6 of 6 (278 Views)