PC becomes extremely slow after closing Apex Legends

by Ex0ken

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC becomes extremely slow after closing Apex Legends

★★ Novice

So whenever I close apex my PC will either freeze just about completely or it becomes extremely slow, pages take long time to render, I don’t think I can use my taskbar either that or it’s takes a long time and I’m unable to restart/shutdown through windows and I have to do it through the button on my case. I’ve also tried rolling back my drivers and turning off g-sync along with repairing and reinstalling the game and origin. The problem exists on both steam and origin.

My specs:

GPU: EVGA XC3 3090 24 GB

CPU: 5900x

RAM: 64GB DDR4-3200

Mobo: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero

Nvidia Driver Version: 466.27 & 466.11

OS Version: 20H2

Message 1 of 5 (1,810 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PC becomes extremely slow after closing Apex Legends

★★ Novice

Well uh I did find the software that's causing the problem and it's one of the motherboard programs Armory Crate/Aura Creator/AI Suite 3. When I realized these programs weren't working upon the clean boot I reinstalled them and the problem came back.

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,755 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Ex0ken make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date, also worth reinstalling the GPU drivers for your PC.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with APEX and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 5 (1,785 Views)

★★ Novice

Hey, @EA_Atic from what I can tell the clean boot has seemed to fix the issue. Not sure which of the programs could've caused the problem but I know a few that aren't the problem. I'm adding the txt files of od the Dxdiag stuff just in case It is still needed.

Message 3 of 5 (1,769 Views)

★★ Novice

Well uh I did find the software that's causing the problem and it's one of the motherboard programs Armory Crate/Aura Creator/AI Suite 3. When I realized these programs weren't working upon the clean boot I reinstalled them and the problem came back.

Message 4 of 5 (1,756 Views)

EA DICE Team
Thanks for sharing! Standard smile @Ex0ken

/Atic
Message 5 of 5 (1,698 Views)