PC - Visual Artifacts + Crash, Similar to Apex Legends

by TheAmishPirate

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC - Visual Artifacts + Crash, Similar to Apex Legends

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I just picked up Titanfall 2 and started the campaign. However, as I was playing, I noticed some strange visual artifacts. As I was running around, I kept seeing these little circles of color pop up for a frame or two before vanishing. They weren't very large - maybe about half an inch in diameter at the most - and their colors reminded me of a lens flare effect, only there was no such effect on the screen at the time.

After a while of this, during the first non-tutorial mission, all the visuals froze, and the background music kept playing. I couldn't alt-tab away from the game, and I had to restart my computer to quit.

What's more, both the visual artifacts and this crash are reminiscent of some of the crashes I've experienced in Apex Legends. I've seen similar artifacts, and had similar freeze-crashes where I've had to restart the computer. If these games were made with the same engine, it might be possible that these errors are related.

I'm on PC, my graphics card is an NVIDIA RTX 2070, and I'm on driver version 419.35. If you need anything else from me, please let me know.

Message 1 of 6 (3,342 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PC - Visual Artifacts + Crash, Similar to Apex Legends

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I do have a video I took of the visual artifacts, however, I think I've fixed the problem. Turns out it was my graphics card that was failing, rather than the game. I got a replacement from the manufacturer, and my problems immediately went away.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (3,208 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Saw some buildings/objects pop in in single player. similar to apex texture artifacting that got better with the recent updates but is still there a little. it happened in two instance and reloading it did not fix, i could reproduce the issue until i reset the game and after i reset the game the issue was gone. 

Message 2 of 6 (3,315 Views)

★★★ Newbie
2080 latest drivers
Message 3 of 6 (3,314 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @sneakyguy1212  @TheAmishPirate, Thanks for the information breakdown, you don't happen to have any screenshots of the odd Visual Artifacts? 

Are you both playing with DX12 on? 

/Atic
Message 4 of 6 (3,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello! I do have a video I took of the visual artifacts, however, I think I've fixed the problem. Turns out it was my graphics card that was failing, rather than the game. I got a replacement from the manufacturer, and my problems immediately went away.

Message 5 of 6 (3,209 Views)

EA DICE Team

I'm glad to hear that you mange to find a fix for the problem, but sorry to hear that it was the GPU failing :/

It's never fun but at least now it's working Standard smile 

/Atic 

Message 6 of 6 (3,202 Views)