PC Version - post patch 1.05 - "loading shaders" taking too long

by UberNoobage

Original Post

Re: PC Version - post patch 1.05 - "loading shaders" taking too long

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

so far didn't work for me ... gotta recheck the whole process while my kids aren't jumping up and down my nose ...

but I only got the NVIDIA Corp folder in "Local" hardly anything in "temp"

created the folders at said points and got a few .toc and .bin files in there now

but game still crashes at the same point  of the loadscreen Devil

Edit1: Okay I just tried starting a new game via quicklaunch .. so far so good .. I just can't get my old game back on ... gotta find a safe prior to Aya maybe that works ... and check how to turn of the choice numbering in dialogs .. hell thats annoying xD

Edit2: yes it seems to be Aya ... loaded a save from tempest after freeing the Moshae and no problems O.o" .....

Message 11 of 22 (4,614 Views)

★★★ Novice

Still loading slower than before patch 1.05, but much improved after following your instructions. Thank you.

Message 12 of 22 (4,556 Views)

★★ Apprentice

if you are using an SSD for the game:

please check that superfetch is still turned off... latest windows updates seemed to have messed with that...

Message 13 of 22 (4,540 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I' am also using an SSD and have this exact problem. The only thing I've tried different that wasn't here is that I tried adding the MassEffectAndromeda.exe and game file path to "excluded files and folders" in Windows Defender; I though this might help with other issues as well but it doesn't help with anything.

Message 14 of 22 (4,526 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
Where are the shader files? I want to try that - immhaving same issue on a 960 evo!!
Message 15 of 22 (4,277 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Turning off vsync worked for me

Message 16 of 22 (4,164 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Nvidia-users FIX!

After almost giving up I finally tried something with "Shader Cache" and finally it fixed the problem for me and hopefully for all of you with this issue.
(the fix is meant for Nvidia-users, AMD-users can also try this fix, but I don't know where file will be located)

The solution:

1. Delete Geforce Experience first and then using Display Driver Uninstaller delete your current Nvidia-drivers completely using this option:
    Clean and Shutdown
    (For installing a new graphic card)

2. After booting install the latest Nvidia-drivers manually with or without Geforce Experience (doesn't really matter), then reboot your PC.

3. VERY IMPORTANT:
    After rebooting go to > Nvidia Control Panel > 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings > Shader Cache
    Turn it from "On" to "Off"
    Then go to your "C:\Users\YOUR_PC_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp" and inside "Temp" delete the folder "NVIDIA Corporation"
    But if you don't see that folder, that's fine.
    Then you must reboot your PC to take effect.

4. After rebooting go back to > Nvidia Control Panel > 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings > Global Settings > Shader Cache
    Turn it from "Off" to "On"
    Then go to your "C:\Users\YOUR_PC_NAME\AppData\Local\Temp and inside "Temp" create the folder: NVIDIA Corporation and inside that folder create another folder: NV_Cache
    But if you already see NVIDIA Corporation folder there, check inside it for the folder NV_Cache, if it's there, that's fine if not, then create it.
    Then you must reboot your PC to take effect.

5. Then you're almost golden. Boot-up the game, the first boot will take long yes, but that's normal because it's saving the cashes inside NV_Cache (check inside it for files like .bin & .toc)
    Once you're fully in the game, exit completely from it.

6. Then boot-up the game again and within 5-10sec the Main Menu will load, then within 15-30sec your save-game will load. (if you're using an SSD like I am)

7. Now you're golden, enjoy!

Hope that this solution will help you all!

Message 17 of 22 (4,156 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

OK so I went to Nvidia control panel disabled the shader cache for global setting and for the game settings, started up Andromeda and loads lightning fast 

Message 18 of 22 (3,897 Views)

★★ Novice
Wow! Turning off vsync in the video game settings seems to eliminate all those shading loads for me. Result fast getting into a round now. Used to miss the first wave and more.
Thanks for the tip.
Message 19 of 22 (29,647 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks overly-dramatic-fix guy, but turning off vsync fixes it
Message 20 of 22 (3,047 Views)