Re: PC: Update 1.5 = Killed my FPS @ any Resolution

by UB3RBOSS

Original Post

PC: Update 1.5 = Killed my FPS @ any Resolution

★ Guide

Howdy All:

I have only been playing the game for about a week now.

I had been playing the game @ 2160P with graphics' set to ULTRA and was getting FPS @ 30 - 35FPS.

At times my system felt like it was struggling to keep the frames @ a playable FPS.

But the game looked great and I was really enjoying playing the game.

Now after the update_1.5 my game has become UNPLAYABLE @ any Resolution!

The first load up I found myself brarely running the game @ 20FPS! The game was Choppy and sound was Studderring!

I lowerred the resolution to 1440P and still only got 20FPS!

Then I even lowerred it some more down to 1080P and still only about 22FPS.

So I can't play the game anymore due to the poor quality patch that Ghost Games has pushed out with out propper testing!

Thanks for Reading.

Later All

Alowgo

Message 1 of 16 (1,313 Views)

★ Guide

Howdy All:

Just an update to my issue!

I just tried to fix my FPS issue by un-installing the game and then downloaded it and installed as one large download file.

Yet I'm still stuck @ 20 to 25 FPS. It does NOT matter what resolution or what graphics' detail are set to.

My game is just stuck on 20 - 25FPS. Which now makes my game un-playable!

Thanks for reading

Alowgo

Message 2 of 16 (1,255 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Alowgo Same thing here brother. I had great frames before patch 1.5 everything on high at 1080p running a smooth 45 frames or higher. NOW, it's at an unbearable and unplayable ~20-24 fps. I've changed the resolutions, display modes, and all graphics to low, still no help. There is definitely something broken in the update.

What specs and card are you using? I'm on W10x64 with 32gig ram, core i7 7700k and an Asus NVDIA GTX 980 Ti. My cpu and gpu are barely working while running the game.

IF this isn't fixed by the end of the week, I'm gonna cancel my subscription to origin premium, cause this is the only game I play on it. And now it's unplayable.
Message 3 of 16 (1,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Howdy UB3RBOSS:

Well it is too bad that your game is NOT in good working shape!

Yet at the same time it is good to hear that I'm not the only one with this stupid issue after the 1.5 update!

For me my system is as followed:

OS= W10 Pro x64,

Ram= 48gig,

CPU= Core i7 6850k,

Video= Gigabyte - nVidia RTX 2080 Ti, 11gb of ram.

I've only been playing the game for about a week before the UPDATE KILLED MY FPS and I can't play it anymore!

In it's current state this game has become UNPLAYABLE and NEEDS to be fix A.S.A.P!!!

Thanks for reading

Later

Alowgo

Message 4 of 16 (1,215 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Alowgo Okay I talked to a technical support rep from EA. And he helped me get the game close to where it was before. At least it's playable now. Here try these steps...

First clear the Origin cache. Follow these steps...

https://help.ea.com/en-in/help/faq/clear-cache-to-fix-problems-with-your-games/

Then after you reboot your PC. Go back into Origin, login, and select Update on the NFS Heat game. It should automatically say you already have the newest version.

Then go to the cog and select Repair. This will check the files and repair any that are corrupt.

After I did this the game was able to run smoothly like it did before the patch.

Additionally, if this doesn't work. You can try adding the following command line argument without quotes "-MaxSimFps 60 -ForceSimRate 60 "

Add this in the advanced launch options in the Need for Speed™ Heat Deluxe Edition Properties under command line arguments.

Let me know if this helped you get the game back to normal.

Cheers,
Gene
Message 5 of 16 (1,195 Views)

★ Guide

Howdy UB3RBOSS:

Thank you for trying to get my game running better. I tried both of your recommendations and either of them did anything.

But it does not matter what I do my game refuses to run higher then 25 FPS.

Before 1.5 update I was getting 30-35 FPS @2160 and game in GeForce Experience was 1 notch above Optimal.

Now after update 1.5 all I get is 20-24 FPS. Also it does NOT matter if I lower the resolution to 1920x1080 and GE set to Optimal and I still only get 20-25 FPS @ 1080P.

So for me something is very wrong here and I can't seem to fix it.

So unless Ghost/EA does something on their end, my game play is done and I got to play for 1 week @ the cost of $101.49CAD!!

Thanks a lot GHOST/EA, this is the most expansive game I have ever bought!

Thanks you agian UB3RBOSS for your help.

Later

Alowgo

Message 6 of 16 (1,176 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@AlowgoHolly cr@p you're right. I just loaded up the game to play and again same issue. 20-25 fps. I dunno what happened last time that it started working, but now it's the same da@m issue.

I think it has something to do with the Frostbyte 3 engine, because the new Star Wars game is doing the same thing.

I'm canceling my subscription and asking for a refund. This is bullsh1t.

Message 7 of 16 (1,128 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Star Wars is making me crazy as well. I get 40-50 FPS without CPU or GPU load going above 80%. I don't know if there are any updates for it, I had to "try" it first after my Heat experience. *cough* The last thing I wanted to do was spending more money for a very poor gaming experience. ^^ It definitely has to be the engine. I have no problems with other games. If there are FPS drops, there is always GPU load spiked at the top, so there is a reason! Not like SW or Heat... :-/ 

Message 8 of 16 (1,104 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Tomiss13 It's for sure the FB3 engine. What setup do you have cpu+gpu combo?
Message 9 of 16 (1,042 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hey buddy,

thx for this tutorial, but it fixed nearly nothing. I got 3 frames more and some details are sharper.

This game is broken, the shame is now at EA.

My Rig:

Intel Core i7  3960X@4Ghz (6 Core CPU)

32GB RAM 1600Mhz

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super O.C

2TB Samsung 860 SSD

1200W Enermax Platimum PS

W10 Pro with all Updates

Greetings from Austria

Tom

Message 10 of 16 (1,004 Views)