[PC] Unable to load save games - missing content

by Chassari

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Unable to load save games - missing content

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have played 55+ hours in single player and all of a sudden yesterday I couldn't load my current save games(tried multiable of them)

Game writes:

SAVE DATA ERROR

Unable to load your save file because it is linked to game content no longer installed:

Deep Space Pack

Deluxe Edition Pack

Please reinstal the above content and try again.

Those packs are installed, atleast according to origin.

I have tried repairing the game content which didn't help still get same message, I have even tried uninstalling the game and then redownloading the game, and that didn't help either.

Please help

Message 1 of 8 (14,467 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] Unable to load save games - missing content

★★ Novice

Well I tried the fix that worked for you, didn't do it for me tho, but it made me check the exe file for andromeda and for some reason it had been set to compatibility mode with Windows 8. When I removed the compatibility mode, and started the game again it all worked again. But thanks for the hint, it lead me to find what did this Standard smile

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (17,625 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Alright, this is odd, as re-installing should also re-download the missing or corrupted extra content.

Try the following stuff:

• Back-Up your Savegames! like, NOW!
  • start a new game, check if the dlcs are loaded correctly
  • try playing your old savegame after that

I really hope it helps, I was one of the apparently few persons who were able to finish a game without encountering any bugs Frown

---------------------------------------------------------

"Lerne aus deinen Fehlern!" - "Learn from your mistakes!"

Dont forget to mark an answer as a solution if it helped you or could help others! Be generous with giving XP, when you think someone deserves it!

Message 2 of 8 (14,429 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have encountered after a forced reset and resolved this issue for myself, although I cannot confirm that it will for you. I tried the following with no effect

• Repair the game
  • Uninstall then reinstall the offending DLC via the following two commands
    • "C:\Program Files\Common Files\EAInstaller\Mass Effect Andromeda\Deep_Space\Cleanup.exe" uninstall_pdlc -autologging
    • "C:\Program Files\Common Files\EAInstaller\Mass Effect Andromeda\Deluxe_Edition\Cleanup.exe" uninstall_pdlc -autologging
  • Delete profile files in my documents (I made a backup to be safe)

The solution that worked for me is as follows:

1. Ensure that both Mass Effect and Origin are closed. Both MUST be closed for this to work.
  2. Run Origin as Administrator (by right clicking and selecting "Run as administrator".
  3. Start Mass Effect Andromeda, my save game could be loaded at this point.

This seems to have fixed it for me permanently, I don't need to keep on running it as admin, there must be a setup step that needed to be run. If you have disabled User Account Control (UAC) then this will not help you since it is not relevant.

Message 3 of 8 (14,403 Views)

★★ Novice

Well I tried the fix that worked for you, didn't do it for me tho, but it made me check the exe file for andromeda and for some reason it had been set to compatibility mode with Windows 8. When I removed the compatibility mode, and started the game again it all worked again. But thanks for the hint, it lead me to find what did this Standard smile

Message 4 of 8 (17,626 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Didn't work for me Frown
Message 5 of 8 (10,103 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@chrisgowaussie wrote:
Didn't work for me Frown

Would help if you provided the specifics of your issue, which platform you're on, and (if PC) a DXdiag report.

Message 6 of 8 (10,079 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Thanks that worked for me

Message 7 of 8 (3,377 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Mass Effect: Andromeda, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (3,181 Views)