[PC]Unable To Play In Fullscreen

by DuraZellDincht

Original Post

Re: Full Screen

★★★ Novice

Hello @yahel_1

Thanks for the suggestion but i already have it run as admin and normal window......

Hopefully someone figures this out soon!!

But any other suggestions i will happily take.

Message 71 of 217 (9,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

We're welcomeStandard smile@dcotugno and get to work:eahigh_file:

If the above steps do not work, you can also try the following steps:

1. Right click on the game icon, choose properties.
2. Then go to the compatibility tab and scroll down, check the box of reduced color mode.
3. In the dropdown menu below that box, choose 16-color bit.
4. Then click on apply and try again to play the game.

If your issue persist you can also try this:

1. Right click on the game icon
2. Select properties and then the compatibility tab.
3. Then click on: run compatibility trouble-shooter.

And if even stubbornly remain your issue test this to resolve the problem:

1. Right-click on the game icon from the desktop and choose Properties.
2. Select the Compatibility tab.
3. Check Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 7 . Please also try this by choosing the Windows 8 option if Windows 7 does not work.
4. Importantly, make sure you check the box run this as an administrator
5. Click Apply and then OK.
6. Start a game. You should now be able to play this game.Wondering

Retired champion.
Message 72 of 217 (9,556 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks @yahel_1

I'll give these a try once I get home tonight I'll try and let you know what works.

Much appreciated! 

Message 73 of 217 (9,542 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Ok @dcotugno

If your issue persist try this

You need to create a new user account without using a MS account but using the following steps:

1 - Go to the User Accounts page

2 - Select Manage Another Account

3 - Select Add a new user in PC Settings 4 - Select Add someone else to this PC

5 - At the bottom left select I dont have this persons sign in information

6 - Again at the bottom left select Add a user without a Microsoft Account

7 - Fill in the Username and Password sections with whatever it is that you want

8 - Select the newly created account from the list of Other Users and then click Change account type

9- Set the user as an administrator before then logging out of your current user and into the newly created one .This may take a little time as Windows 10 takes a short while to setup applications on a new user.

10 - Now launch Origin on the new user account and play.

I wait your answer.Angel

Retired champion.
Message 74 of 217 (9,466 Views)

Re: need for speed 2016 full screen problem

★★★★ Novice

@webhammerksk: Well, Your workaround did work! Thanks!

Message 75 of 217 (9,403 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hi can you have a look at my upload and see if you can find a solution for me ?? unfortunately nothing you have suggested worked for me Frown TIA 

Message 76 of 217 (9,373 Views)

★★★ Novice

@yahel_1

Well the creation of a new user account worked, it allowed me to run in full screen without any issues.  So that tells me that either something is wrong with the Origin on my main user profile or something on my main user profile is effecting it.

Is there a way to just copy over the core origin files from the User2 acct to the User1 acct to use the new settings or do a complete uninstall of origin root and fresh install to see if its within the origin profile that error is being created?? (Hopefully that made sense)

If this helps in the trouble shooting, i had to uninstall and reinstall origin before i could even launch need for speed.  Im sure i hadnt used origin since upgrading to windows 10 and i assumed that what was behind the reason originally.  Maybe this still is the root of the issue we are all seeing with full screen play.

Let me know your thoughts. 

Message 77 of 217 (9,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi guys, I also not able to run in Full screen mode and this is my files, please advice.

Thank you

Message 78 of 217 (9,311 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@dcotugno Angel the situation is as follows.

Is a Windows issues your problem and not Origin.If the new account user don't solve the problem then the only way to get a FullScreen for Your Game you have to do a reset or restore or refresh or reinstall your Windows.

Windows users regularly reinstall Windows or restore from a recovery partition to fix system problems. Windows 8 or 10 include easier-to-use “Refresh” and “Reset” options that quickly restore Windows to a fresh, factory default configuration.So I do myself when I have problems.Wink

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But you’ve created your new user account and the problem you were experiencing is solved.

OK, but now you need to make it like your previous account.

The desktop wallpaper and theme are the easy parts that can be quickly tweaked, but what about program settings and all your personal files? you askedDisappointed

When doing this from two different computers, you can use the Windows Easy Transfer tool.

But transferring these files on the same machine can be done via manual copy and paste.

NOTE please @dcotugno accept as Solution that other users can solve their problem.Thank You!

Retired champion.
Message 79 of 217 (9,244 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@yahel_1

so you saying for Need for Speed to work full screen on my windows 7 pc i need to reinstall my windows :/ 

Message 80 of 217 (9,210 Views)