[PC]Unable To Play In Fullscreen

by DuraZellDincht

Original Post

Re: [Help] Need For Speed Fullscreen Problem

★★ Novice

Yep. having the same problem. the classic ALT + ENTER wont work. even setting on the launcher to run on full screen doesnt help.

Message 31 of 217 (8,636 Views)

Re: Full Screen

★★★★ Novice

I updated my drivers as well,  to 362.00, NOT 364.51 since I heard there we issues with a memory bug at nVidia forums.

You guys would be best to determine if a patch is necessary or not, but personally I think it's time for one.

Message 32 of 217 (8,639 Views)

Re: [Help] Need For Speed Fullscreen Problem

★★ Apprentice

Hey, 

Try this: after setting your Window Mode Off and your screen goes black, try to ALT+Tab once, wait a second or two and press ALT+Tab again. Hope it works! :D 

Message 33 of 217 (8,664 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Hey, 

Try what Halycyon said, after setting your Window Mode Off and your screen goes black, try to ALT+Tab once, wait a second or two and press ALT+Tab again.

Message 34 of 217 (8,666 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Shonox @los799

Could you please also try what @Rhexamos mentioned in the last post?

Regardless of the outcome, we are currently investigating this. If I have any updates to share I will post them here immediately. Should it come down to a patch, that might take some time so no ETA or info about that at the moment.

Message 35 of 217 (8,661 Views)

Re: full screen issue

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Hi @HCosB

Just use ALT-Enter or / and go in Origin / My Games tab, right click on game icon, select Repair Game.

NOTE i am not 100% sure but i think i found a solution.

In your Nvidia control panel go to Set resolution, you will probably see that the resolution is set to 1920x1080 Native, now set resolution to 1920x1080 without the Native and set refresh rate to 60 and hit Apply.

Start NFS and it should now start in full screen, if not you go THEN into settings and set desired screen options.

Retired champion.
Message 36 of 217 (8,666 Views)

EA DICE Team

@HCosB

I've merged your topic into this one. Could you please read through the offered solutions in this thread as well and get back to us?

Message 37 of 217 (8,653 Views)

★★★★ Novice

hi , i have just purchased and started the game and i have tried all these solutions and non of them work for me .... we have waited extra months for a game that cant even get to FULLSCREEN like seriously !!!!!! anyway here's my dxdiag. and yes i am running 7.1 because i hate 8 so dont tell me to change to windows 10 -_-

Message 38 of 217 (8,639 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i have a same problem too on my labtob... need fix or solution..

Message 39 of 217 (8,625 Views)

★★★★ Novice

There is an update or a milestone when i try to start game with integrated graphic card with my intel successfull to start as full screen mode... Need fix for nvidia i think gtx860m btw

Message 40 of 217 (8,621 Views)