Original Post

Re: [PC] Ask For Assistance With Game Launch and Crash

★★★ Novice

DXDIAG

Message 21 of 234 (4,286 Views)

EA DICE Team

@Zuppaboi

Please refer to the following thread for issues with Radeon 6xxx and below cards:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Radeon-HD-5xxx-6xxx-DirectX-Error-On-Launch/td-p/522002...

@GroundWave96 @NOopsbGaMeR_101

The game disappearing from your library was a strange and rather unfortunate bug that should now have been resolved. If you continue to experience this issue, then please contact a Game Advisor and they should be able to resolve it for you.

@dewim

Please make sure that you setup a gaming profile for your system, and do a clean install of the latest AMD drivers for your gpu. In your case that would be the Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Hotfix.

Once you've done that, please also make sure that you set your DPI settings, via Control Panel, Display, to 100%:

DPI.PNG

(It looks a bit different on Windows 10 but sadly I don't have access to that to make a screenshot for you).

@STKONGEN

If your System File Checker comes back with a lot of errors it means your Windows installation is corrupt. You will be looking at doing a System Refresh or a clean installation of Windows.

@W3ST_YT 

From your dxdiag I can tell the following:

• Your Windows installation is not up-to-date. Please use the Windows Update function on your system and install all updates.
  • Your GPU drivers are not up-to-date (they show as 22 June '15). Please do a clean installation of the latest drivers. Note that Nvidia gives an option for a clean installation when selecting Customer during the driver installation process.

@doronkata1995

• Your Windows installation is not up-to-date. Please use the Windows Update function on your system and install all updates.
  • Your GPU drivers are not up-to-date. Please do a clean installation of the latest drivers. For you that would be Crimson Edition 16.3.1 Hotfix.

Message 22 of 234 (4,257 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thanks EA_TOM but really i tried everything , updating GPU DRIVER , Install directx web , run nfs.exe as admin and still shows me that DX ERROR Frown

Message 23 of 234 (4,235 Views)

★★ Apprentice

here my diag Standard smile waiting your feedback , thanks

Message 24 of 234 (4,229 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hi @fesbanu,

Thanks for taking the time to describe your problem in this thread.

When looking at your dxdiag I found the following:

• Even though you updated your drivers, you are running version 16.150 while the latest game ready driver for Need for Speed seems to be 16.3.1. Can you please do a clean install of that driver again?
  • Need for Speed is crashing with a KERNELBASE.DLL error which indicates a corrupt Windows profile. After updating the drivers again, try creating a new (admin) user and run the game from there.

Lastly, which R9 2xx card do you have? The dxdiag only shows that it is the 200 series.

Message 25 of 234 (4,215 Views)

★★ Apprentice

thatnks Tom for fast reply , my card is R9 270x vaporx , plus i already installed 16.3.1 hotfix but didnt know why it shows it like that Standard smile , i just add a new profile at catalyst and still error me with DIRECTX HR1 failed

Message 26 of 234 (4,159 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I tried those things but they didn't solve the problem, my drivers are more recent now, but it's still doesn't seem good enough, I don't why though because they do seem up to date enough.

The newer screenshot and DxDiag are added to this reply

Message 27 of 234 (4,157 Views)

★★ Apprentice

now installing a new fresh amd driver and will create a new admin user , thanks for tips and hope everything goes will with all gamers Frown

Message 28 of 234 (4,155 Views)

★★ Apprentice

still get that error after playing 1 min only

Message 29 of 234 (4,145 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

apology for duplicate post 

Message 30 of 234 (4,146 Views)