by DatSnipez

Original Post

Re: [PC] - Titanfall 2 - Audio stuttering drags down framerate

★★★ Newbie

i have at it cd quality however i still suffer this

Message 11 of 24 (14,372 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Switch to 2, channel , 16bit , 48000Hz , (DVD Quality)

Message 12 of 24 (14,343 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This fixed the issue for me. I was getting confused before because I have an i7-4790 and a RX 580 but thanks to your suggestion it is working flawlessly now. Thanks ^_^

Message 13 of 24 (13,767 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello, i have followed your steps and was unable to fix the issue. My headset would not let me configure the advanced settings tab. I only  had this issue with titanfall 2, all te other games on my computer seem to work just fine as t comes to sound.

Message 14 of 24 (13,604 Views)

[PC] Titanfall 2 sound stuttering and warping

★★★ Newbie

Heya there,

got Titanfall 2 a week ago, have been playing for a good few hours perfectly fine, but today this horrible issue occured where the in-game sounds are being warped and stuttered, almost like the bass on them is being amped up ridiculously. Very often this sound glitch is accompanied by some noticeable, but not severe frame-rate lag.

Things I've already done to try and aleviate the issue:

1. Change my headset's "advanced" sound settings in the Windows Control Panel, using all options available (no effect).

2. Reinstall C++ components (no effect).

3. Reinstall GPU Drivers (GTX 960m for those wanting to know) (no effect).

4. Repairing Titanfall 2 through Origin (seemed to work for a single round of multiplayer, but the round after, the audio issues started occuring again).

At this point, aside from reinstalling the game, I don't know what else I can do ? Does anyone have a permanent, defenite fix for this issue ?

Cheer,

Owen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: System Information and Graphics settings: 

CPU: i7-4720HQ

GPU: GTX 960M (4GB VRAM)

RAM: 8GB DDR3 @1600MHz

No sound card.

Titanfall 2 runs on the lowest possible settings at 1280x720p, fullscreen, using an extra tweak to an .ini file to set textures to the lowest possible resolution.

Message 15 of 24 (13,591 Views)

Re: [PC] Titanfall 2 sound stuttering and warping

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @FireFalcon124

I am really sorry for those sound issues in Titanfall 2. Thank you for such a detailed post on the troubleshooting steps, you have taken so far to resolve this, sadly, to no avail. Can you try now to disable Origin in-game for Titanfall 2? Keep us updated on this. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 16 of 24 (13,533 Views)

★ Novice

my game was lagging as well and the sound was stuttering. i fixed it doing two things.

1. disabled origin ingame ( this is probably the main reason for all troubles imo

2. go to your speakers -> playable devices -> click on properties of your active device -> advanced -> choose the lowest setting 44.1 KHZ/ 16 bit as sound quality (i am going to turn this back higher and see if the stuttering is worse. if it doesnt get worse ill make an extra post saying its just the ingame origin

Message 17 of 24 (13,344 Views)

★ Novice

turned the sound back up to full quality and no lag so its origin ingame only thats causing the problem

Message 18 of 24 (13,337 Views)

★ Novice

I disabled origin and it fixed the sound thing but I can't invite my friends now

Message 19 of 24 (12,909 Views)

★★ Novice

There is actually a way, u just have to join the same Network ingame and then you can invite other players in the network without the overlay.

Message 20 of 24 (12,377 Views)