Right? That would be pretty exciting.
Message 10 of 74 (4,104 Views)

Re: Stuck on Connecting to Online Services

★★★★ Novice

It would be nice to play the demo if we could

Message 11 of 74 (4,096 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I had similar problems yesterday. I tweaked my firewall settings in my router so is as basic as it can be. It got rid off all errors on initial load screen for me.
Message 12 of 74 (4,094 Views)

★★★★ Novice

i too, just want to see how good this game but for now its looks so bad cuz im not playng it 

Message 13 of 74 (4,092 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It has been allowed through my firewall and it still happens. Even turning off my firewall entirely did not fix it.

Message 14 of 74 (4,078 Views)

★★★★ Novice

After the twitter account announced that they fixed everything I uninstalled, reinstalled, and tried again. Still no progress.

Sure glad I didn't pay anything for this. Oh wait...

Message 15 of 74 (4,047 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Newbie

Getting the same issue on the PS4 still.

Message 17 of 74 (3,998 Views)

Anthem VIP demo Connecting to online services PC

★★★★ Novice

So I still have not been able to get passed the the "Connecting to online services" title screen for Anthem VIP demo on PC. Is there any solution for this?

Message 18 of 74 (4,121 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Edit #2: Potentially solved!!

hmzero02

hmzero02: Set your PC clock to auto and restart Origin. That worked for me.

^^ This legend above (hmzero02 bottom of page 3 on this thread) suggested the fix - I logged on just as the demo ended (oh the pain!) however I did actually progress past the point we've all been stuck on I'm not sure whether or not it's coincidental or not but it's sure as hell with an attempt. Give it a shot y'all, thank you kind sir for putting this info forward. Below are the steps I took to apply the workaround:

- Right click date/time

- Select "Adjust date/time"

- Turn on "Set time automatically"

Interestingly enough when I turned on "Set time zone automatically" it reverted back to not working so make sure you're just selecting the one setting. I hope that this will line us up for some playing time this weekend during the open demo. I'll keep an eye on this thread (if anyone's still reading this *) just in case and help out if possible.

Original post:

I'm having the exact same issue on PC - I've tried all the known workarounds without any success. I get connecting to online services with a brief flash saying "Live Content Update State: Preparing to Update" (ss attached).

I've done the following:

- Restarted the game (more times than I can count).

- Reinstalled the demo entirely twice.

- Tweaked my windows firewall

- Tweaked my router firewall

- Run as admin

- Created a new Origin account and used a Demo code to see if that changes anything.

I pre-ordered Anthem, I also have EA Origins Access Premier, no attention is getting paid to this particular issue and it's driving me insane. I paid money for this game and the ability to play early but in the 32+ hours the demo has been active I haven't even seen past the title screen.

I don't understand how it's reasonable to have people that haven't paid for the VIP using free codes getting on and playing when the people who have pre-ordered and actually paid money aren't receiving support - I've even tried the EA support chat and received no assistance. When you pay money for a service, you should receive that service.

I've been plenty patient up to this point, but with the demo coming to a close, I'm pretty livid about how awfully this has all gone.

Message 19 of 74 (4,457 Views)

Re: Anthem VIP demo Connecting to online services PC

★★★★ Novice

it's been 26 hours. I have talked to multiple ea help desk people with no fix in sight.

Message 20 of 74 (4,100 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help