(PC STEAM/ORIGIN) FIFA 21 crashing in career mode.

by ZonaryGalaxy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

(PC STEAM/ORIGIN) FIFA 21 crashing in career mode.

★★★ Newbie

The career mode itself runs fine until I try to start a game. It then freezes and crashes. I have updated and rolled back drivers multiple times. I've reinstalled the game and verified all the files and screwed around the settings a bit (i.e changing DIRECTX_SELECT = 0 to 1) . I am fairly certain the saves are not corrupted as it occurs even when I create a new career mode .I've watched a bunch of YouTube tutorials but to no avail. I do not see anyone having the same issues as me .Is there any fix to this? I would really like some help.

Message 1 of 5 (792 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: (PC STEAM/ORIGIN) FIFA 21 crashing in career mode.

Community Manager
Hi @ZonaryGalaxy,

Hmm, can you try this please and let me know if it recurs?

Disable cloud saves in Origin under Origin - Application Settings - Installs and Saves. Then change the name of the FIFA 21 folder to FIFA 21 copy, this directory is located in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\, then restart the game.

Warning! Single player game saves like Career Mode and Tournaments will be lost, the backup copy of locally saved games will be in the "FIFA 21 Backup" folder.
EACade

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (716 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
Hi @ZonaryGalaxy,

Super odd. Can you try going into the Customize Menu and then selecting Profile - Delete and then delete anything in there that isn't a career mode save file. Then let me know if this persists?
EACade
Message 2 of 5 (735 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just tried this and it crashed again. I also found out that playing any game, besides FUT for some reason, will crash. I tried playing kick off and the same issue happened. 

Message 3 of 5 (723 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @ZonaryGalaxy,

Hmm, can you try this please and let me know if it recurs?

Disable cloud saves in Origin under Origin - Application Settings - Installs and Saves. Then change the name of the FIFA 21 folder to FIFA 21 copy, this directory is located in C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\, then restart the game.

Warning! Single player game saves like Career Mode and Tournaments will be lost, the backup copy of locally saved games will be in the "FIFA 21 Backup" folder.
EACade
Message 4 of 5 (717 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@ZonaryGalaxy How
Did u solve the problem? I have the sam
Message 5 of 5 (273 Views)
Twitter Stream

ea-dualentitle-promo-splash

Upgrade to a next gen console

Have a physical game disc for FIFA 21 but bought a discless console? Use our webform.

View more on EA Help

fifa21-promo2

Keep your account safe

Turn on Login Verification to access FUT Web and Companion Apps, and protect your information.

View more on EA Help