Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

[PC] SOLVED!! "Error Retrieving Anthem Live Service Data" is an account problem

by Keisezr1G

Original Post

PC - Error Retrieving Anthem live Service Data

★★★★ Novice

It has been a week. I have tried all of the options trouble shooting it. Still Stuck in Log in screen. I have spent 6 hours over the weekend, an hour or so each day trying to get it to work. Ports forwarded, firewalls all turned off, origin cache cleared, reinstalling game/origin, disabling ipv6, etc. Nada. Still same error same message. I got the list of stuff to do to from EA live Chat lady, followed it, doesn't work. 

I have no problem playing Apex or BF5. Anthem is the only game that is giving me this headache. 

Message 81 of 137 (722 Views)

Re: PC - Error Retrieving Anthem live Service Data

★★★★ Newbie

Hey, I had the same problem, have you tried changing language? That seemed to work for some people, and eventually worked for me to.

Open Origins, go to the Anthem Settings by pressing the gear icon next to the "Play" button, click "Game Properties"  and change the language.

Origins will then download the new language and verify your files.

After it is done downloading, open the game with the new language, see if you manage to connect.

If you do, exit the game, change back to your language of choice and open the game again. It should work, it did for me.

Message 82 of 137 (687 Views)

Re: Error retrieving Anthem live service data- cant connect to Origin services

★★★★ Newbie

Had this same issue, using cloudflare's DNS and google's public DNS. Couldn't connect at all. Contacted EA tech support and after some digging they found out that my EA account for Anthem wasn't verified on their end and they had to make some change to an ACL. Rep couldn't state specifically what changes were made though. So for anyone else having this issue, contact EA and ask for them to make sure your account is verified for Anthem on their server.

Message 83 of 137 (1,123 Views)

FIX YOUR DARN SERVERS!!!!!

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

So, just after the first chest on the Scar stronghold I am kicked AFTER GETTING TWO MASTERWORKS FROM THE CHEST. 

kicks me to the title screen, "Error retrieving Anthem live service data"

and then tells me I have lost connection to the EA Servers.

EA YOU NEED TO FIX THIS NOW!  YOU OWE ME TWO MASTERWORKS IN THE PROCESS!

guess I'll go play Apex Legends, at least there the servers are somewhat reliable.

btw your server status on the Anthem game page is a darn lie, might wanna fix that too.

Message 84 of 137 (441 Views)

Cannot connect live service data

★★ Novice

My wife and I are unable to connect to anthem, keeps throwing us into a load screen and restarts the game(on xbox one), then follows up with "error retrieving anthem live service data" followed by the "connection problem - you have lost your connection to the EA servers" I've checked the status and it says they are all active. Did the latest update break the game for xbox players!?

Message 85 of 137 (570 Views)

Re: FIX YOUR DARN SERVERS!!!!!

★★★★ Novice

Same here man!! Fairly this is my first time having a server issue in the week I've been playing. So kudos! But fix this!!!

Message 86 of 137 (414 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Same here! I was dumb enough to pay 80 bucks for this. Honestly how about instead of worrying so much about the damn loot pool you actually make it so people (who PAYED a lot of money on your game) can actually log in so we can get the damn loot!!
Message 87 of 137 (414 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am currently down two legendarys and a master work thanks to this, the release state of this game is not something i would expect from Bioware if they had any control over it.

Message 88 of 137 (370 Views)

Re: Cannot connect live service data

★★★★ Novice

I completely closed out of the game and went back to it. The servers are back up now? I'm not stuck on the continuous loop.

Message 89 of 137 (535 Views)

Re: Cannot connect live service data

★★★★ Novice

Some of my friends play but i cannot join them becouse Anthem is greyed out.....

When is the Downtime over? 

Message 90 of 137 (523 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help