PC Reboots at first loading screen

by flatlandfreak666

Original Post

PC Reboots at first loading screen

★★★★ Novice

My game has been working great for about a month... but since the first time i played the game i had to press Alt + Tab a few times to get the game to go fullscreen after launching the game. Now as of a few days ago, no matter what I've tried, once the game has launched it will crash and reboot my PC almost instantly after pressing Enter to load the game to the first menu.(its the first loading screen)

I have tried updating drivers, repairing the game through Origin, ran a stress test of my system and each individual part, unplugged my wireless logitech rumblepad 2, tried different graphics settings and resolutions through GeForce Experience, and i already uninstalled and reinstalled the game and nothing. I cant get past the first load screen anymore?

pc specs:
ASUS Z87 Deluxe Motherboard
I7 4770K (overclocked to 4.2Ghz)
16GB DDR3 RAM G.skill
Geforce GTX 770 2GB

Windows 7 Ultimate DX11

Message 1 of 27 (1,821 Views)

Re: PC Reboots at first loading screen

Community Manager

@flatlandfreak666

The game should not be causing your machine to restart, there is probably some other issue here.

Temporarily disable your antivirus and/or firewall and perform a clean boot before retrying the game.

Clean boot: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 

If that does not help, posting your Dxdiag here will be useful, thanks.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

barry.png
Message 2 of 27 (1,897 Views)

★★★★ Novice

so after a clean boot and disabling my antivirus(ESET) it worked,

so i tried turning my antivirus back on and it rebooted,

so i tried it in gamer mode and it rebooted,

then i tried reversing the clean boot and disabling my antivirus and it rebooted.

so it seems like its something to do with the antivirus and something in the startup and/or services in msconfig?

also i have attached DXDIAG.

I still own every NFS since the beginning and I love them all, this is the first time this has ever happened so thank you so much for your help!

Message 3 of 27 (1,737 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@

Community Manager
i accidentally clicked on the solution button, i still cannot play the game.
Message 4 of 27 (1,718 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Not trying to rush anyone or be rude but, how long does it take to figure these things out?
Message 5 of 27 (1,678 Views)

Community Manager

@flatlandfreak666

If the game is working when you disable your antivirus then you should be able to add the game to the whitelist in your antivirus and then keep it enabled.

Add the game file to your antivirus whitelist: Origin Games\Need for Speed Payback\NeedForSpeedPayback.exe

barry.png
Message 6 of 27 (1,652 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

On Saturday I updated my graphics card driver and it worked... however, the next day it didn't. and today it doesn't either. I tried adding the game .exe file to the whitelist and it still doesn't work.

Message 7 of 27 (1,630 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

The problem is still happening to the game after more windows updates and graphics card updates too.

I have ran antivirus scans, malware scans, tried more different graphics settings, tried disabling more startup programs and nothing works

Message 8 of 27 (1,580 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

Is there any other way to get this problem solved through EA Games? Or possibly uninstall the game and get my money back?

Message 9 of 27 (1,561 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@flatlandfreak666

Try to determine what has changed since you were able to play. Disable your antivirus/antimalware and any other security software.

It may also help to uninstall recent Windows updates (they can be reinstalled later if needed).

As I mentioned previously, the game should not be causing your machine to reboot, that could be caused by your hardware (CPU/GPU) overclock being to aggressive. Try running both of those at stock clock speeds.

barry.png
Message 10 of 27 (1,551 Views)