[PC] - Random FPS drops while in game on GTX960m

★★ Novice

I'm playing the game on a Lenovo Y50-70 with specs as follows :

- Intel Core i7-4720HQ 2.6Ghz

- Nvidia GTX960M 2GB VRAM

- 16GB Ram

- 480GB Fujitsu SSD

- Laptop plugged into power

And yes, before you say anything, the game has run very well on this laptop during the beta on a 1TB HDD spinning at 5400RPM. So hardware is most likely not the issue here.

Now onto the problem at hand:

During multiple times in a game, I experience the large FPS drops (from 60FPS) at random points within a game (both inside and outside of maps). The problem persists for up to 20 seconds at least, giving unplayable FPS. After a certain period of time, the game's FPS picks back up to a stable 60 FPS for the next 10 or so minutes... and the cycle continues (FPS drop, FPS restored, FPS drop etc...).

The game has never crashed on me yet, it isn't a stability issue as far as I'm aware.

When exactly does this happen?

• Every map

What I've done so far:

1. Uninstalled and reinstalled the game.
  2. Used Nvidia GeForce Experience's preset settings.
  3. Put all graphical settings on Low, including dropping the render slider to 50 (from Nvidia's recommended 75)
  4. Tried playing on both enabled and disabled GPU restrictions.
  5. Tried to run it in Fullscreen, but for some reason the game thinks windowed is the same thing, even after switching from border-less and then back again (screenshot for example).
  6. Reduced the resolution from the Native 1920x1080 to 1280x720.
  7. Cried in frustration
  8. Looked on forums...
  9. Forums don't have any answers to my problem
  10. Made this post

Received this digital copy of the game as a Birthday present today, so I'm hoping I can play it happily without having to return it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated to avoid said returning.

Message 1 of 4 (1,546 Views)

Re: [PC] - Random FPS drops while in game on GTX960m

Community Manager

@fearshock1

One thing to try is to disable Origin in-game we have seen reports that this can have a positive effect, do let us know if this helps you.

Origin Menu, Application Settings, Origin In-Game, set it to OFF.

barry.png
Message 2 of 4 (1,521 Views)

★★ Novice

Tried it, but still doesn't work.

Message 3 of 4 (1,510 Views)

★ Novice

Mine even worse I am lucky to get 30 fps on low setting with my GTX 960 4GB of vid ram, i normally run games like GTA and other demanding games at very high/ ultra and expect at least 60 FPS, i have no idea what the source of this problem is the Beta ran perfectly at ultrav!!!

Message 4 of 4 (1,500 Views)