[PC] Radeon HD 5xxx, 6xxx - DirectX Error On Launch

by DeyvPlayer77

Original Post

Re: DIRECTX ERROR ON LAUNCH

★★★★ Novice

@LittlLive

Is your GPU a HD 6950 or 6970? Because I get the feeling that while the GPU requirement is a "DX11 compatible GPU with 2.0GB VRAM" it doesn't like pre-7000 series Radeon cards.

Message 21 of 77 (2,042 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, mine is a 6970.  I was thinking the SAME thing based on people's posts, we all seem to have the same 6900 Series. 

We may just have to wait and hope AMD releases a driver set to include fixes for this game, OR maybe this is the first game that will push us to new video cards.

Message 22 of 77 (2,028 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Here is my Dxdiag.. This Direct X error suddenly appear when i play for several minutes. Please tell me what should i do

Message 23 of 77 (2,009 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I think I'm going to try to trade up to a 7870 just for this game...
Message 24 of 77 (1,973 Views)

EA DICE Team

@LittlLive @web993

It does seems that it comes down to driver updates in this case. The card itself is powerful enough, but without updated drivers you will run into issues. let's hope AMD will still release something.. Standard smile 

@ayubbeee

That is quite a sick system you got there.. Large smile

I cannot see any errors on the dxdiag itself, so my suggestion then would be to try a clean boot, and to make sure you have done a clean installation of your drivers. Note that if you select "Custom" when installing your Nvidia drivers, you will also get the option to do a clean installation.

Message 25 of 77 (1,957 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

ive got the samle problem with my Radeon 6950 2GB, newest legacy driver. Somebody should contact AMD in reference of this problem.

Message 26 of 77 (1,937 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm also getting this exact same error being thrown up with my 5800HD Card, Yup it's majorly under powered but The Division's system requirements were similar and I ran that absolutely fine on medium graphics with 25-30fps!

Maybe a bug for EA to fix for us folks that are not privileged enough to have cards in the 7k and up series?!

Message 27 of 77 (1,921 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

also have the 6950 2gb and can't play.....

Message 28 of 77 (1,915 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I think its just an error in the game i have the same problem as well, i get into the main menu and start loading the game then this error comes on, I hope this can be fixed, got my hopes up for nothing 

Message 29 of 77 (1,900 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Got the exact same problem as you

Message 30 of 77 (1,882 Views)