[PC Origin] Game will not start

by errvox

Original Post

[PC Origin] Game will not start

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I thought it might be useful to start a new thread, since the one I just commented in had a marked answer.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/CANNOT-start-the-game-PC-Origin/m-p/8538661#M3727

I tried both suggestions from EA_Barry and PlayerIxIOne in the above thread, but neither worked for me.

NFS Heat executable pops up for ~10 seconds or less in the task manager, then quietly disappears. No errors thrown, nothing shows up in the Event Log .. just kicks me right back to Origin.

Doesn't matter if I run as administrator or not. Doesn't matter if I do a clean boot. I've tried reinstalling Origin, I've tried reinstalling Heat itself. Nothing seems to fix the problem. And I am experiencing this on both my laptop and my desktop, both of which have been able to play this game flawlessly before yesterday.

This seems to be limited specifically to Heat. I've tried a handful of other Origin games, but none had this problem. Not even other EA titles, like Jedi Fallen Order.

Message 1 of 3 (315 Views)

Re: [PC Origin] Game will not start

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

thank you for making a new thread, since my problem is more similar to you. I did all the things, and still can't launch the game.

spec :
i5 8400
GTX 1080
16GB

all drivers updated, iGPU disabled, firewall and antivirus disabled. 

Message 2 of 3 (288 Views)

Re: [PC Origin] Game will not start

★★ Apprentice
@errvox Same for me
Message 3 of 3 (257 Views)