[PC] Getting error "We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate TF2"

by Tiko310

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Getting error "We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate TF2"

★★ Novice

I just bought Titanfall 2 for the PC, I installed and it wont launch. It gives me an error about not being able to connect to EA servers to activate.

EA help has told me to port forward, I did and still nothing.

But that cannot even be the problem, I play Apex Legends no problem and it shares basically all of the same ports that TF2 needs to run. But even if it didnt, I forwarded all the ports that are necessary to play this game and I still get the same error. I've just about had enough. What else can I do?

I have reinstalled game. restarted pc. restarted router. forwarded all the ports. 

Message 1 of 6 (832 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] Getting error "We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate

★★ Novice

so an update, i randomly launched the game and it worked.

i think this was completely something that was going on with EA and TF2, and not my computer. so it is and was out of my control.

the game itself, not a huge fan. maybe it will grow on me. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (755 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

I get the exact same thing for Sims 4. Had support call me, was told others having this issue and have to sit and wait.... This has been going on ALL day. 

Message 2 of 6 (813 Views)

★★ Novice

thankfully i never had a problem with sims 4 but i mean this is ridiculous 

Message 3 of 6 (807 Views)

★★ Novice

Lucky you. I have had the sims 4 since it came out, no problems. Bought a new laptop, installed the game TWICE, repaired game.... SAME issue, reach out to support, just told to sit and receive no support. On the verge of just sticking to playing my new game on Steam, Civ. 6, just bought my first expansion... NO problems there.... I've been a long time SIm player, since day 1.... About to call an end to my relationship with EA if I can't get help. This is crazy. 

Message 4 of 6 (796 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey @bmcdowell, What Firewall and antivirus do you use?  I know in the past that Firewall and antivirus can block some of the Origin Request for starting our games. 

/Atic 
Message 5 of 6 (761 Views)

★★ Novice

so an update, i randomly launched the game and it worked.

i think this was completely something that was going on with EA and TF2, and not my computer. so it is and was out of my control.

the game itself, not a huge fan. maybe it will grow on me. 

Message 6 of 6 (756 Views)