[PC] Game launches (only with black screen) but immediately closes

by igor_cavf

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Game launches (only with black screen) but immediately closes

★★★★ Novice

So, i have just bought the game (celebration edition) but i can't play. I've tried a lot of solutions that i found on internet (like this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/SWBFII-Black-Screen-on-startup/td-p/7999288/page/6) but none of them works. 

When I start the game, it opens with a black screen (first with the name Frostbite at the top, then it changes to STAR WARS Battlefront II), but a few seconds later the game closes, without any error message. 

I've seen that a uptade was released last week (19 dec) and this problem was supposedly fixed, but it doens't work to me.

Any solutions? I really want to play this, but if it doesn't work, I must refund, but I only have 24h to do this, since I have launched the game for the first time, although it is not working

Sorry for the bad english.

Message 1 of 11 (1,922 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] Game launches (only with black screen) but immediately closes

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok, now my game seems to be OK (just played the 17% preview), but I don't think the problem that we all have been suffering it's fixed. I did what I've been planning for a long time: I'vet formatted my HD and upgraded my OS to Win 10 (I had Win 7).

I think most of you guys have Win 7, just like me before, so the problem must be related to that (maybe not, just a guess). Anyway, I've just found this in the Brazilian forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-Battlefront-II/Solucao-Tela-Preta-Windows-7/m-p/8577741#M844

He says that he has Win 7 and had the same problem, but he installed this Win Update and the game started to work fine: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805&751be11f-ede8-5a0c-058c-2ee190a24fa6=...

I hope that works to you!

View in thread

Message 9 of 11 (1,700 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

Same problem for me. All the "solved" threads do nothing. I've repaired the game over and over and done so many "fixes". Their update didn't do anything to fix this problem. 

Message 2 of 11 (1,880 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've just reinstalled the game, but the problem continues...

Message 3 of 11 (1,850 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I re-installed as well and it didn't do anything. I doubt we will get any answers due to the holidays. It's a shame, they said they fixed this issue.

Message 4 of 11 (1,835 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this exact same problem! I've also tried EVERY solution on EVERY forum, but nothing works Frown

I don't think it's the same black-screen problem that everyone else is talking about - so this needs its own fix, I think.

I'm playing on windows 7 and I just bought the game - so I haven't been able to launch it a single time.

Please fix the game asap EA

Message 5 of 11 (1,788 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't know if this matters, but I starterd to get this error after updating Windows 10 to version 1909, not after  ROS Battlerfront II update.

Message 6 of 11 (1,752 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@TheSailor666 Same situation
Message 7 of 11 (1,739 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@igor_cavf interesting everyone agrees with you but no one wrote here how to fix it so if I manage to let you know
Message 8 of 11 (1,719 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Ok, now my game seems to be OK (just played the 17% preview), but I don't think the problem that we all have been suffering it's fixed. I did what I've been planning for a long time: I'vet formatted my HD and upgraded my OS to Win 10 (I had Win 7).

I think most of you guys have Win 7, just like me before, so the problem must be related to that (maybe not, just a guess). Anyway, I've just found this in the Brazilian forum: https://answers.ea.com/t5/STAR-WARS-Battlefront-II/Solucao-Tela-Preta-Windows-7/m-p/8577741#M844

He says that he has Win 7 and had the same problem, but he installed this Win Update and the game started to work fine: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=36805&751be11f-ede8-5a0c-058c-2ee190a24fa6=...

I hope that works to you!

Message 9 of 11 (1,701 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I got mine to work after re-installing Origin and BF2. But it didn't work first try or 5th try. I continued to get the black screen and crash to desktop about 10 times. I kept opening as administrator until finally I got the game to work. Took about 2 days of trying though. EA, you need to fix your *.

Message 10 of 11 (1,624 Views)