Re: PC - Game keeps disconnecting at random intervals

by SubZer0nl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC - Game keeps disconnecting at random intervals

★★★ Novice

So, I finally decided to sign up and to complain about the random disconnects I keep getting since the last patch. I've been playing BF5 since release and I have not been disconnected as many times as I have since the last patch. This is getting annoying beyond belief, yet it doenst seem to occur everytime I play BF5.

Lets recap the week:

Monday: I started playing BF5 at around 20:00 and played for 2 hours without any issues

Tuesday: I started playing BF5 at around 20:00, first game I disconnected, after that it was smooth sailing until I stopped

Wednesday: I started playing BF at around 20:00, first game I disconnect after almost 30 minutes of playing. Second game, i disconnect after about 15 minutes. Third game, i can play through the entire first map, only to disconnect about 10 minutes into the second map. I started the game one more time and again i disconnect within the first 20 minutes of play.

No prior lag, no stuttering, no other issues.. Screen just freezes and I get thrown back onto a black screen stating:

"Game disconnected. Lost connection to the session" or something like that

This is so aggrevating.. There are days that I cant play BF5 at all, due to constant disconnects. And there are days that I dont experience any issues whatsoever.

I want this (to get) fixed as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 13 (15,326 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic I checked, and i indeed had Killer Network and OneDrive running the system tray. No idea why or what these even do, so im gonna look that up later. I just wanted to inform you that i (just now) have had a 60-90 min solo gametime in BF5 without any issues. So shutting down these programs seem to have worked.

I will play some more BF in the coming week and i will keep you informed. But this seems really promising. Im excited :-)

View in thread

Message 11 of 13 (16,392 Views)

All Replies

@EA_Atic I believe you'll be interested in this thread.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 13 (15,290 Views)

EA DICE Team

Thanks for the bing @ragnarok013 . Standard smile 

Thanks for the detailed report @SubZer0nl  

When playing can you keep an eye out for any CPU spikes when you do DC, and what have helped others. Can you reinstall Origin the hardway and see if the same issue happens after it.

/Atic 

Message 3 of 13 (15,284 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks for the quick follow-up @EA_Atic 

I was away over the weekend, so I havent played since opening this thread, but I will play the coming week and will keep an eye on my CPU.

Quick question: Would reinstalling Origin mean I have to download and reinstall all my Origin games again? 

Message 4 of 13 (15,235 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @SubZer0nl  it would not, you can use the locate function once Origin is re installed incase it losses the data of where it is installed. 

image.png

/Atic 

Message 5 of 13 (15,212 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic so i finally gotten around to playing again just now and kept my windows task manager open to monitor CPU usage. To my suprise the usage is quite high actually.. And it does have a 100% usage for extended durations. What I find odd is that I would have expected a crash/disconnect as soon as a 100% load was reached. But thats not the case. It stays stable for quite a long time, didnt track it, but I would guess around 8 to 10 minutes before i would get the server disconnect message.

Im running an i5-4670 CPU @ 3,63 ghz btw

I havent tried the reinstall of origin yet, ill try that over the weekend.. Hopefully these disconnects wont be too frequent, because i really wanna play some Underground

EDIT: Just played another round, just to see what would happen. Same CPU load, no crash/disconnect. The reason why its happening eludes me and that frustratres me beyond belief

EDIT 2: Next round... it disconnects halfway through the game *sigh*

Message 6 of 13 (15,148 Views)

EA DICE Team

When you randomly disconnect do you know if a friend is joining on you at that time? @SubZer0nl 

/Atic 

Message 7 of 13 (15,108 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Are you 200% sure your internet is stable? If you have small packet loss you may not notice it from surfing, streaming etc but it may cause the client to close the session.

If what EA_atic doesnt help try run a ping at the same time to see if the internet connection is stable.

Run Command prompt and type ping 8.8.8.8 -t 

It will keep pinging the google dns until you stop the window. When you crash take a quick look at the command prompt window to see if it reports any time outs. If it does then you need to contact your ISP and have them check your internet.

Message 8 of 13 (15,099 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic No, nobody is joining me at that time. I know this 100% sure, cause if they were they would let me know over teamspeak

I did clear out the files though, whenever i play solo the issue persist. Just now i tried a quick solo game before dinner. Low and behold, the game disconnects within 10 minutes. A farcry away from my experience over the past 2 weeks when i was only playing games with friends.

I had cleared the files prior and because i didnt disconnect i expected the issue to be over. I didnt post it right away, which is a good thing cause apparently when i play solo i still have the same problem. Yesterday i played for a solid 2,5 hours with 2 friends without any issue...

I'm half tempted to do a complete reinstall of windows just to see if that fixes anything, but id rather not simply due to the time it will take to set everything up again.

@TheLocalTroll yes, i am sure i have a stable internet connection. I do not even have to use the command prompt to know. BF5 isnt the only online game i play, but it is the only game where this problem occurs

Message 9 of 13 (15,032 Views)

EA DICE Team

Cheers for the break down! @SubZer0nl 

Do you have killer network or droopbox or One drive that is online work on your desktop? If yes can you turn them off and see if that helps out. 

/Atic 

Message 10 of 13 (15,004 Views)