Re: [PC] Game Disconnected. Connection to EA online timed out.

by Nethstar

Original Post

[PC] Game Disconnected. Connection to EA online timed out.

★★★★ Novice

Using PC.

I just got the game and have been having these problems the whole time. 

Game disconnected. Connection to EA online Timed Out.

I also have the issue with BF1 so I'm unsure hot re resolve it.

I've done all the stuff with cold booting the router and PC. Clearing DNS. Used UOTrace to see if my connection to the server was bad and the max (worst) ping for any of the connections listed was 87ms. Play all other games easily without a problem. Seems to only happen with these games. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 13 (986 Views)

★ Pro

Hi @Nethstar ,

Please try the following. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

1. Connection troubleshooting 

"If you can’t connect online or keep getting disconnected from our servers, try these tips to improve your connection.”

2. PC connection troubleshooting

“If you’re having connectivity issues on your PC, try these steps.”

Message 2 of 13 (944 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Uncensorious
Hey,
As stated in first post, i went through the troubleshooting (i mentioned using UOTrace which that troubleshooting page says i should try). Everything else seems to be working fine across other games outside of EA. BF1 and BF5 have been giving me the network error issues while playing on steam or Epic Game Store is perfectly fine.

I also have all the ports open, and still continue to get the issue.

I'm littearlly just going into BF5, Pressing, multiplayer, selecting conquest, and pressing "Play" for it to find a server for me. I have to do this between 10-15 times before one of two things happens. Either the screen goes black and the game soft-locks, or I get into a game.
Message 3 of 13 (937 Views)

★★ Guide
@Nethstar Do you have a Killer Nic Network Card? There is a pretty bad issue with the Killer Software and BF1 and BFV. I had to uninstall it completely and it resolved my disconnect issues similar to yours.
Message 4 of 13 (908 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SG4HiSpeedJnkie Thanks for the reply, Unfortunately, this isn't a soloution for me as I don't have a Killer network card. Just running the standard network card on an Asus x99-s Motherboard.

Not found any indication that i'd be running any form of Killer software, espectially without the network card.
Message 5 of 13 (888 Views)

★★ Guide
@Nethstar Sorry that doesn't work in this case. Very similar sounding issue to the Killer NIC one.
Message 6 of 13 (884 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SG4HiSpeedJnkie No probs. Appreciate the response anyhow. I'm just going through all my PC's hardware and doublt checking any firmware that might need updating. Even a BIOS update.
Message 7 of 13 (878 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Still no solution to my  issue. And probably the worst part is, there's little to no activity on these help pages. I guess after all the support with BFV dropping?

This is what happens:

https://gfycat.com/webbedilliteratehorsechestnutleafminer

Message 8 of 13 (798 Views)

EA DICE Team
@Nethstar do you have one drive or similar programs running the background?

/Atic
Message 9 of 13 (746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic
One-drive has already been completely removed from my PC.
I don't have any unneccesary programs running in the background.

It's hit and miss. I can spend 10 mins trying to find a game and have it work once. Other times i can get in a game instantly. Other times i can spend time trying to get into a game and give up because it just won't work. Ironically, since the latest patch it's given me the error less often, but still more than should be happening, which leads me to believe it's something to do with the game or the netcode's ruleset for my IP, my ISP or some other variable.

If i try this in the server list, if it dosen't connect me, i get soft-locked in the form of a black screen. (Can't exit normally, cant see any menus, have to Alt+f4 and load game up again).
Have verified files, and reinstalled and it does the same thing.

Message 10 of 13 (717 Views)