[PC]Falling Through The Map

by LightTheSkyline

Original Post

street bugs

★★ Novice

anyone having same issue ? for PC version it seems you may sudden get a "lost" street where will causing you "drop" into deep hole and crashing your car.. any fix for this? 

Message 61 of 276 (2,917 Views)

Re: [PC]Falling Through The Map

★ Apprentice

Hello EA_Tom,

I tested the ccleaner solution on the post you linked to, but after a restart of my computer, the problem was still there. So i also did some testing, i tried to close every program which i dont need (program like Teamspeak, steam, skype, battle.net launcher etc...), i did the race like 6 times. I somehow managed to finish the Magnus race i talked about without the bug at the 3th try (dunno if this was some kind of miracle) but i had the bug a few times on the others tries. I realized that, each time i had the bug, it was approximately at the same area of the race 80% of the time. I also tested with a clean boot btw.

Sohaibabbas123 : Can you make a list of the Nvidia specific process running ? It's strange that you can close these without having issues with the drivers or something. Personally i have :

nvbackend, nvtray, nvvsvc, nvxdsync.

I hope there's gonna be a fix soon, because the end game high speed races are pretty much very hard to do with that kind of bug.

Message 62 of 276 (3,453 Views)

Re: street bugs

★★★★ Novice

Yup same problem here.

Usually you get the error  on the speed mission where your car drops and crashes and results in a mission failed because the car don't respawn for a long time :/

After that mission you will get one more <--- this is where i am stuck and can't pass it.

Message 63 of 276 (2,905 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Okay, I may found a weird temporal solution to this. It might sound crazy, and it might be a little annoying to do every time. Because the issues accure mostly on the highway, when I load the game I make a full run on the highway so the game can load the necessary files. At first you might experience the bug. But on the second run it doesn't appear at all. I also montired my HDD led on my PC case and it was just glowing red on the first run ( files are being read ), but it was blinking like normal on the second run, like it was on idle. I need someone else to test this and confirm that it works. 

Message 64 of 276 (3,430 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I experience a similar thing but it happens while I left the highway and go into the streets.

Message 65 of 276 (3,431 Views)

★★ Novice

yaps... definitely  a pain as cause you lose the race 

Message 66 of 276 (2,890 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is the first and last game I buy from you, EA. I barely have time to play and when I do, this #&$/# thing happens. I love cars, I love the tunning and races in need for speed. I'm even OK with the always online feature. But I started to hate this game because of this bug. I have to run every race 3 times in order to complete anything and there are races that cannot be ever finished. Optimize your game and release a patch as soon as possible.

I paid for what you said was a quality product, but this is an unfinished game, you shouldn't be selling this. It isn't enjoyable at all.

Hope I can have a real game or my money back.

Message 67 of 276 (3,394 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey, I've tried all of the option you guys listed but none of them worked for me. =(

Really boggles my mind how this could go through testing but w/e. DxDiag below if it helps

Message 68 of 276 (3,362 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

spamming the restart button isn't fun

Message 69 of 276 (2,864 Views)

★★ Novice

got it to run after moving it to a new HDD.

Message 70 of 276 (3,323 Views)