[PC]Falling Through The Map

by LightTheSkyline

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC]Falling Through The Map

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Weird bug thats been happening to me in game while I'm racing I'll sometimes fall off the map. Hope I'm not the only experiencing this.

Message 9 of 276 (89,821 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Anyone else fall off the map?

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

If your system full meets the requirements, which includes a HDD that is able to process the loading of the world fast enough, then the following steps should fully resolve the issue:

• Make sure your gpu drivers are updated via a clean install

• Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements

• Make sure your hard disk is defragmented (do not use this if you are running an SSD)

• Need for Speed is a heavy game: don't run the game with multiple browser tabs open, or multiple heavy programs like iTunes or video capture software such as Nvidia Shadowplay, Fraps, Teamviewer--this is especially important if you are close to the minimum requirements

• If the issue persists then run your system in a clean boot which turns off all background programs for you. This should eliminate the issue and will help you to find out which program on your system is causing the conflict with Need for Speed.

The above tips have managed to solve the issue for most users. Please let me know if you are running into further issues.

EDIT:

Update by @En3rxi4:

I Think it is because the Disk Performance.

First. I installed The Game in My Old Seagate (The I/O is very bad) and issue is appeared.

And then i changed it into My WD Black Caviar (Which more have good performance) and poof... The issue gone.

I Hope this will help you guys..!

NOTE: marking this as a solution to increase visibility.

View in thread

Message 21 of 276 (58,752 Views)

All Replies

road

★★★ Novice

Hello, when I play need for speed 2015 PC version, on early access, when I'm driving the car at over 250km/h at one point the road starts missing and I start falling thru the map. 

it happened in career as in free roam too!

Message 1 of 276 (88,114 Views)

Re: road

★★ Apprentice

There are many things that can cause this. It can even be the HDD the game is installed on. The game has not enough computing resource to render your game in time, that's why the road is not streaming fast enough. Try some of these tips, it may fix your problem (and make your PC run faster) .

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/improve-computers-performance#1TC=windows-7

http://www.wikihow.com/Improve-Computer-Speed-Performance

Anyway, what are you PC specifcations? 

Message 2 of 276 (88,102 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have same problem on i7 6700hq 2.6ghz / 16go ddr4 / gtx970m 3go gddr5..... unbelievable, everytime on the highway (orange road on map)....

i have enough power, enough ram, nor programs at all running.... every time when I drive fast the map can't load. and i have to stop the car to load the map..... unbelievable, 

my computer is new and clear as hell ^^ 

Message 3 of 276 (88,098 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Did you try with video settings all on low?

Message 4 of 276 (88,096 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

not trying it, because i have the PC to launch this game maxed out..... all the latest games run crazy fine.... :/

Message 5 of 276 (88,092 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The PC is not really maxed out because that's a laptop, it can have an overheat problem (not at first but after several hours of gaming). See if it works on low video settings just to be sure, maybe they'll fix this at launch.

Message 6 of 276 (88,088 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

my laptop is enough good i know it , even low end pc can play it i think they need to fix it at launch, there was same problem on PS4 and xbox one  versions Wink

Message 7 of 276 (88,082 Views)

ROADS NOT LOADING IN TIME

★★★★ Novice

hello , i am having problem with some roads not loading in time . because of this i am falling though the map and loosing races .  is there anyone else having same issue . is there a fix for it ?

Message 8 of 276 (88,106 Views)

Re: Anyone else fall off the map?

★★★ Novice
no you're not the only one with this problem.
Unfortunately I have not found a solution to it. and no help from support, and yes my pc can run the game.
Message 10 of 276 (89,614 Views)