Re: PC - FPS Drops

by mr_ako74

Original Post

PC - FPS Drops

★★★ Novice

So, having created three separate tickets with EA Support and going through basically every single one of their offered suggestions to attempt to fix the issue, I'm still stuck with it.

To briefly explain the issue: Across BF5, BF4 and SWBF2, I'm able to run the game on High/ Ultra just fine, however, at a random ungiven time, my FPS tanks down from between a stable 50/60FPS down to below 20FPS, sometimes below 10FPS. This happens in BOTH single-player and multi-player modes - regardless of whether my settings are on MAX or on MINIMUM. The drops last from around 45 seconds up to around 2 minutes, which is quite frustrating, given that it leaves me unable to properly play the game.

At this point, I'm a bit stuck on where to go from here, I don't really want to have to find a new game entirely - as I enjoy playing these games with friends.

My current specs, for reference

• AMD FX-8370 Eight-Core 4Mhz processor
  • MSI 970A SLI Krait Edition
  • 16GB RAM
  • Gigabyte NVidia GTX1060 6GB.
  • Windows 10 Pro - 64bit

As said above, I've gone through endless troubleshooting options, from setting up a gaming profile, gathering a DXDiag, UOTrace and other similar things, to changing settings in the NVidia Control Panel - NONE have worked or even slightly fixed the issue. If needed, I recorded a few clips of it occurring which I can upload unlisted on YT to provide a visual example.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 6 (653 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

if the game was running fine a month ago then its the last 2 patches to blame, a lot of people even on consoles are reporting performance drop, stutters lag etc. 

Message 2 of 6 (629 Views)

★★★ Novice
I wish it was the case here but essentially since owning the game since the end of last year, I've been plagued with the same issue consistently, no amount of patches have been able to fix it. The same can be said for BF4 & BF2, for the respective times I've owned them.

It's also worth mentioning, something I'd forgotten to last night, I'm able to run other, non-EA games, on High/ Ultra without any issues at all - in both single-player and multi-player modes.
Message 3 of 6 (620 Views)

★★ Novice

There is nothing you can do to fix the performance issues. This game is junk created by incompetent developers.

Message 4 of 6 (580 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Before this patch I had stable 60 fps on medium setings with my i3-8100 4x 3.60ghz ,8 Gb Ram and gtx 1050ti,now he is struggling to keep above 50 even after setting everthing on low
Message 5 of 6 (567 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

same here, were not playin during the last month and was happy to see a new map but performance really suffer, game lags badly especially when there is a lot of action like at the house on the hill, could be the B flag on mercury map, even tried to lower the resolution but no result, still lags ... 

guys !? will you fix that, bought 1060 just for the BFV and it was all good for me in the previous months, now again BFV runs like I had old gfx again ... 

Message 6 of 6 (516 Views)