PC: Crashing with AMD Ryzen 9 5900XT and 5950XT CPU's

by SenorRedStache

Original Post

Highlighted

PC: Crashing with AMD Ryzen 9 5900XT and 5950XT CPU's

★★★ Newbie

Hello!

Many members of reddit are encountering the exact same crashes. After playing for a short amount of time the game begins stuttering very hard and results in a DirectX crash. It's usually one of two crashes. Here is an example of both:

Crash 1:

PROCESS_NAME: NeedForSpeedUnbound.exeERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0x887a0007 - The GPU no longer responds to any further commands. This is probably due to invalid commands being submitted by some other applications. EXCEPTION_CODE_STR: 887a0007

Crash 2:

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The operation %s could not be performed in memory.

EXCEPTION_CODE_STR: c0000005

Through reddit, it was found that the third party NFS Heat CPU Load Fix app/hack fixes the problem for the most part. Most users say this rectifies their issues wholly, but for myself I still get stuttering and crashes after an hour or so of play. Hoping to get this rectified! EA: Help pls.

Here is the reddit thread on the topic with a ton of other attempts and things that were tried to fix the errors:

https://www.reddit.com/r/needforspeed/comments/z8m27y/nfs_unbound_crashes_on_pc/

Note that this seems to be only for the AMD 5900x and 5950x CPU's coupled with AMD video cards? Not sure here.

My specs:

AMD Ryzen 5950X CPU

Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6900XT

64GB G-Skill Trident-Z DDR4 3200

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570 mobo

Message 1 of 5 (683 Views)

Re: PC: Crashing with AMD Ryzen 9 5900XT and 5950XT CPU's

Community Manager

@SenorRedStache 

As mentioned in the Reddit thread, maybe try downclocking your hardware (GPU and RAM mostly) to (or closer to) stock clock speeds.

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 5 (660 Views)

0xC0000005 error. Game crashes to desktop

★★★ Newbie

This game is horribly broken. 

On day 1 I was not even able to start the story mode due to the DX12 issue. The workaround about deleting the dx12 files in the cache directories helped, but every now and then I had to delete the files again and still incurred occasional crashes of different natures.

I tried to run DISM and SFC on Windows and to run the game as an administrator. It seemed to help.

Now after the 12/12 update it crashes more often, especially when close to meeting points or when trying to start a race.

In the crash dumps (see attachment) I see the error 0xC0000005 - The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

Configuration:

Ryzen 5800x

GeForce RTX 3070 with drivers 527.37 and 527.56

32Gb ram crucial ballistic ddr4 3600mhz

SSD Sabrent Rocket

Windows 10 pro 22H2

I am at my wits' end, and it seems that the technical problems are ubiquitous. As a game developer myself, I don't understand how it's possible to release a game in this state and get away with it. 

Message 3 of 5 (607 Views)

Re: 0xC0000005 error. Game crashes to desktop

★★★ Apprentice

@Antaz88 wrote:

This game is horribly broken. 

On day 1 I was not even able to start the story mode due to the DX12 issue. The workaround about deleting the dx12 files in the cache directories helped, but every now and then I had to delete the files again and still incurred occasional crashes of different natures.

I tried to run DISM and SFC on Windows and to run the game as an administrator. It seemed to help.

Now after the 12/12 update it crashes more often, especially when close to meeting points or when trying to start a race.

In the crash dumps (see attachment) I see the error 0xC0000005 - The thread tried to read from or write to a virtual address for which it does not have the appropriate access.

Configuration:

Ryzen 5800x

GeForce RTX 3070 with drivers 527.37 and 527.56

32Gb ram crucial ballistic ddr4 3600mhz

SSD Sabrent Rocket

Windows 10 pro 22H2

I am at my wits' end, and it seems that the technical problems are ubiquitous. As a game developer myself, I don't understand how it's possible to release a game in this state and get away with it. 

What do you have your FCLK set to?

Message 4 of 5 (582 Views)

Re: PC: Crashing with AMD Ryzen 9 5900XT and 5950XT CPU's

★★★ Novice

My game is stuttering horribly after the patch update. Everything was smooth before it. Now it even stutters in the menu. I would have finished the story if that update had not come.

Message 5 of 5 (571 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help