PC - Crashing issue - Information request.

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Re: PC - Crashing issue - Information request.

★ Guide

I have now uninstalled BFV. It has become unplayable with nearly constant crashing to the desktop. When will EA/Dice fix this problem? This has been going on sporadically for a long time now. After a patch one might be able to play without having the issue for a while. Then it suddenly starts happening again. And again. Until it crashes to the desktop so frequently, the game becomes unplayable. I have gone back to BF1 and Steam games until this issue is resolved. And please don't respond to me asking for DxDiag or what my settings are. It doesn't matter what settings I change as far as graphics are concerned. I am not overclocking either the CPU or the GPU. Sending along a DxDiag report is a waste of time apparently as nobody looks at it. I am sick and tired of BFV exhibiting this kind of nonsense. I paid good money for this game and am not getting my money's worth at this point. This problem is too widespread to be a local issue. It is a problem within the game itself. If I look at event viewer it always has the same info: "BFV.exe caused a fault". With path info, etc. Apparently no one at EA/Dice has looked at these EV reports as I have posted them several times. Do something about this EA!!!

Message 271 of 487 (1,810 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

At what point are we entitled to a refund?

Seeing it's more than 6 months since this product was released and the main issues STILL persists, wouldn't that make this product UNFINISHED and therefore it's been falsely advertised and sold as a finished product, despite not being that? 

I mean, we've sent countless of logs and supplied this forum with a plethora of details regarding the issues. 
At what point can we expect a solution to this? 

I feel like I've literally been robbed or tricked into buying a faulty product.
I even upgraded to a new system for 4500$ to handle this game with DXR for, what I thought, would be a flawless experience.
So far, it has been everything but that. 

Can we get some more information regarding this from some EA/DICE employee?
Like the progress, what else we can supply in terms of solving this issue ASAP, what are your plans to compensate your loyal customers if the issue cannot be resolved within a reasonable timeline? 

I'm curious to how this is deemed acceptable business practice by the people whom have been working on this product aswell. I mean, do we really have to look at legal actions to put an end to this silly behavior from developers and publishers? 
It is unacceptable to release a product that is unplayable on the high end systems and settings considering the amount of money that has been invested in the game and hardware to access the new functions.
I realize new technologies need perfection, but don't release something that's misbehaving for 6+ months on the latest and most expensive hardware available on the market.

Please, shed some light over this situation for us and help us find a solution to these issues, as soon as possible. 
Everything and anything that would make us players wiser on the situation would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Regards
Legendel

Message 272 of 487 (1,782 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i have the same issue. crashes to desktop.

had a break before the firestorm update launched and have had problems ever since

i have:

cleared origin cache

disabled origin overlay

tried DX12 and DX11 modes

clean boot

ran origin and BFV as admin

downgraded graphics drivers to 417 level

none made any difference.

previously happened in conquest and now also happened in fortress game mode

doesnt happen in the same place and happens with multiple classes.

Message 273 of 487 (1,755 Views)

★ Novice

Crashes on launch everytime when DX12 is enabled. DX11 launches fine. Purchased a RTX2080 to use the RTX features but can't without DX12 enabled. See attached

Message 274 of 487 (1,694 Views)

★★★ Novice

cant play since the new patch. 

Crash to the desktop as soon as connected to the game.

The game opens fine, can select mode, etc, just when games start.

Message 275 of 487 (1,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

DEAR FORUM MODERATORS OF EA,

We have supplied Dxdiag files and described when it happens for you, what is your reply?
What is the solution to this?
When can I play the game as intended? 
When can I finish just 1 Conquest match without crashing to desktop??

Come on, give us something here!!
You've been silent for weeks, yet we still have issues ON A DAILY BASIS!

What the *censored* is going on here?!!

TELL US HOW TO SOLVE THIS CRASHING ISSUE, THE GAME IS COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE ON HIGH END SYSTEMS FOR THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS, IT'S TIME TO SHOW US THAT YOU LISTEN AND CARE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS!

[Removed - CM]
I'm SICK of being lied to, cheated and tricked into purchasing faulty products that doesn't get fixed!
It's UNACCEPTABLE!

PLEASE, TELL US ANYTHING!

Message 276 of 487 (1,600 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic

It's now month I'm having issues with the game.

Since the firestorm launch update. I'm really pissed of as I can't play two succesive Firestorm games without having a crash to desktop.

I'm one of the clients who preordered the game as soon as it was announced. This mean I paid it three times the price it fell to a few weeks after the release.

Can you please explain us how we can get a refund as this game is not, and doesn't seems to be fixed any day.

Thx

Message 277 of 487 (1,581 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

EA_Atic, 

Can you tell us what is happening?

The game is very inconsistent and crashes constantly.
We've had no news and people, including me, are getting really upset about this as these issues seemingly, aren't even adressed anymore. 

I'm certain we as customers, are at this point, entitled to a refund of your unfinished, dysfunctional and unplayable product.

Please give us a response to this as soon as possible, it has been 2+ months now since your initial post and I have not seen nor heard of any updates regarding these issues.

Thank you in advance.

Message 278 of 487 (1,551 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic 

We've made multiple posts regarding this issue over the course of 2+ months now and we still have no solution, nor a clue to what is going on with the game and when it is expected to be fixed.
The game has been released for more than 6+ months now and it's STILL crashing to desktop on a DAILY basis for me and pretty much anyone else running DX12 it seems. 

Now, I didn't spend 4500$ + 40$ on a new system to handle DXR and a copy of an unfinished game that doesn't work. 
I can't play it when I crash mid game every day, several times a day. 
This is not a finished product. This is NOT working. 

At what point can we expect a lasting solution for this?
At what point are we entitled to a refund? 
At what point is EA going to take responsibility for the products they launch?
At what point is DICE going to admit that this isn't working and they are seemingly clueless on how to resolve these issues? 
At what point is this unacceptable, from the viewpoint of EA and DICE? 
At what point will we as customers, have had enough of this dodgy business practice and try to take legal actions against selling faulty products that aren't fixed? 

I feel like there's so many issue with the game STILL, that I consider it to still be in Beta testing, despite it having been a fully released product since mid winter last year. 
How is this legal? 
How are you allowed to charge people for a product that isn't even close to being finished, and doesn't even work for the majority of the customers? 

I have so many questions and there's literally NO answers from the people in charge of solving this. 
Are you just taking our money and ignoring the issues? 
At this point, the game should've been fully functional and enjoyable in all it's raytracing glory, yet, it's everything but just that. 

Please, keep us updated on what is going on here. 
I'm getting very, very, very frustrated and upset about this irresponsible business practice that actually punishes the customers instead of rewarding them with at the least, what they have purchased. 

How would you feel about this, @EA_Atic , if you were a player and a customer whom had spent almost 5000 dollars to be able to play this game. 
Would you accept crashing on a daily basis and be ignored by the publishers and mocked by the developers? 

I would very, very much like to know your  thoughts on these things.

Thank you in advance, have a nice day.

Legendel

Message 279 of 487 (1,509 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This seems to be Windows 10 related thing. I don't want to take away DICE's guilt of unfinished game that constantly crashing to desktop but it seems that we have a case here when 1 * software(windows 10) meets another * software(which is Frostbite engine). At this point I really hope that next Battlefield game would be running on a different engine(like Unreal Engine 4 for example). I will not spend a single dollar on a game that crashes half of a time

Message 280 of 487 (1,485 Views)