Re: PC - Crashing issue - Information request.

by Sooxzay

Original Post

★ Apprentice

where do you disable this option? @LlamaWithKatana 

Message 381 of 487 (1,761 Views)

★ Novice

What did you do just before the crash happen?

I waited for the game to open.

Does it happen in all game modes?

The game doesn't start at all.It crashes before the main menu appears.

Does it always happen at the same action/place?

Every time I try to open the game it crashes.

Time & date of when the issue happen, add in what time zone you are in. 

It started in 1/18/2020 (UTC +02:00) Athens, Bucharest

NOTE:

1.It doesn't matter if I double click or run as administrator the game, it still crashes.

2.The game is open in minimize mode with a black background,then it goes in full screen with the same black background and in the top right corner the loading bar appears,then a  background appears containing two soldiers(US and JAPAN) in epic outfits from chapter v awards, then the music start playing for a moment, then the audio suddenly stops(you can hear a small sound similar to the sound when you plug in your headphones in a device ).After the audio stop playing the game crashes to desktop and origin platform appears.

3.I tried repairing,uninstalling then installing the game,I restarted my computer before installing but nothing works.

PS:If tomorrow still doesn't work I will contact EA support.

Message 382 of 487 (1,721 Views)

★ Novice

Its the same for me, have you found a fix for it now?

Message 383 of 487 (1,611 Views)

★ Apprentice
guys, I did a procedure that for me is working for now. I played yesterday for 1h and the game didn't close. Go to "Documents \ Battlefield V \ settings and copy the content inside BKP. After that, delete all files and restart the game. Keyboard settings, video etc will have to be done again. I did that and it hasn't happened. more the problem for now. Good luck
Message 384 of 487 (1,598 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Follow up on my game crashing. I finally solve it for myself had to do with my One Drive.

Always had it off and for some weird reason it may have been on for some time and now it needs to be on.

If you want to see how it looks like then here's a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEptjawkx0&t=5s

Message 385 of 487 (1,519 Views)

★ Guide

Random Crashes on all Maps/Modes since Update 6.0 today.

DXDiag is attached.

I just played some rounds on the new map solomon islands breakthrough and conquest. Randomly after 5-10 minutes ingame my game freezes, followed by a black screen and getting back on desktop. I tried to repair game files, didnt work. I updated my GPU driver, didnt work.

I never changed any settings ingame for months. I actually play on medium settings with around 140-160 FPS.

Every single time I join a match the game crashes. Like 7 times today. Played some rounds 2 days ago and everything was fine.

Time: 04.02.2020 between 14 and 15:45 GMT+1

Last crash was around 15:30 and 15:45

Message 386 of 487 (1,490 Views)

★ Novice
  • What did you do just before the crash happened?
    • Opened Battlefield V
  • Does it happen in all game modes
    • So far it seems to be happening across the board. I have not tested it with every single game mode yet.
  • Does it always happen at the same action/place
    • Not always, Mostly happens at the main menu but can occur during a game I managed to get into.
  • 02/4/2020-10:20 AM PST

@EA_Atic 

Message 387 of 487 (1,451 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@lima26x   Tried this myself, no luck for me. To clarify, when you said "delete all files" you were saying to delete all the files specifically in the PROFSAVE_backup_profile right? 

Message 388 of 487 (1,419 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Dxdiag Attached

What did you do just before the crash happen?

Try to play more than 5 minutes

Does it happen in all game modes?

Yes

Does it always happen at the same action/place?

No, it happens everywhere, Menu , in game, every map, every game mode, after some time the game will crash no matter what (5 to 20 min)

I tried every possible solution, Repair, Reinstall the game, Clean boot, Turn off XMP, reinstalled Nvidia drivers, Did another Admin account.. and sure i can't remember everything, but nothing worked.

Message 389 of 487 (1,683 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The game used to start, but it just doesn't anymore. It starts off windowed then when it tries to go full screen it crashes every time. Sometimes it crashes even before trying to go full screen. I have attached my dxdiag file. I also believe it may have something to do with my intel card. I have a nvidia geforce rtx 2070 max-q, and an intel card. I read from a google search that the game possibly might be trying to run off the intel card rather than the nvidia card. I have the game set to run off the nvidia card in the nvidida control panel, but I'm not sure if this is the issue. I get a crash dump file every time but I don't know how to read it to try to find out what the issue is. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 390 of 487 (1,664 Views)