Re: PC - Crashing issue - Information request.

by TheDaggz

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic

i have perhaps found a cause of the problem.

after much troubleshooting and googling every potential fix that people have reported, nothing worked.

I now seem to have (so far) stopped the game from crashing.

There's an option in the advanced video options where you can disable or enable "GPU memory restrictions". this is enabled by default. I disabled this.

the description text reads that disabling this may cause instability in the game but so far it seems to have done the opposite for me.

maps where i encountered regular and quick crashes now play out without crashing.

i'll keep trying to see if this has completely resolved it for me, but so far so good.

Message 281 of 487 (1,539 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

BFV crashed to desktop for me for the first time yesterday during mid-game whilst flying on Hamada. Nothing recorded in Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application or System. Win 10 1903 build 18362.116 and nVidia 430.64 (RTX 2080). I relaunched the game (no PC restart performed) and played without issue for the rest of the session.

Message 282 of 487 (1,526 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

No, this is not the cause of the issues.

I've had GPU memory restriction OFF since launch and I still crash every day. 

@EA_Atic 

Any news yet?
I've made a long post with a bunch of questions regarding the CTD issue. 
I'd very much like some answers.

I'll be phoning EA Customer support today aswell to try to get some more information regarding this.
Seeing how silent @EA_Atic has been since his initial post, perhaps the phone support can tell us something.

I'll try to push this as far as I can to have this resolved.
I've paid for something that isn't working and there's no clues on how to fix it.
This is unacceptable. 

Communication is key, unless it's a 1-way street..

Legendel

Message 283 of 487 (1,479 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Bolly_AU wrote:

BFV crashed to desktop for me for the first time yesterday during mid-game whilst flying on Hamada. Nothing recorded in Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Application or System. Win 10 1903 build 18362.116 and nVidia 430.64 (RTX 2080). I relaunched the game (no PC restart performed) and played without issue for the rest of the session.

Same. Crashed on Hamada (Conquest) when I drived by car on some road. 

Message 284 of 487 (1,461 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

There are folks in another thread in support who have been complaining about the crashing since Thanksgiving time when the game was released.  It's unbelievable for a AAA game that it was released in this condition and it's still going.  Keep in mind they've been "requesting DXDiags" and making people chase bait since then with no fix while releasing other priorities in each patch.  They have tons of them at this point...

Most have lost hope this will ever be addressed.... it took them months of complaining just to even acknowledge there was a problem.  Their actions and slowness in addressing such a severe problem tells you all how paying customers are treated.

Message 285 of 487 (1,393 Views)

Community Manager

@TheDaggz 

This thread is intended for information gathering purposes. Please keep in on topic by providing tech specific information that can help aide the team in this process. If you're concerned about the quality of Battlefield V and your purchase of this game, please create a new post so we can discuss it elsewhere.

Blueberry.png
Message 286 of 487 (1,359 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

i'm pleased to report that so far i have been crash free. i've played on numerous maps without the dreaded crash to desktop.

the only changes i made that i think could have affected that are:

1) changing the restricted video memory to disabled

2) disabling scheduled tasks (open windows "Task Scheduler"); the one i disabled was the "Overwolf Updater Task". i don't use it. might be worthwhile to disable scheduled tasks you may not need.

hope this is of any help.

Message 287 of 487 (1,306 Views)

★ Novice

BFV CRASHES AFTER ONE ROUND OF FIRESTORM

Dear @EA_Atic 

So, the problem I'm having is that I have to restart the game (PC) after each and every single round of Firestorm, otherwise the game will crash if I just go again. I can only play ONE round of Firestorm (and that goes fine), but going for another round will crash the game.

• We need Dxdiag, to see what Hardware and drivers you are using.
    • Attached
  • What did you do just before the crash happen?
    • Played a single round of Firestorm
  • Does it happen in all game modes?
    • Nope, just Firestorm
  • Does it always happen at the same action/place?
    • Yes, shortly after a new server has been found and loading begins, game crashes to desktop with no warning
Message 288 of 487 (1,293 Views)

★★★★ Guide
last may update work fine to me, no any crash in the game again, but after origin launch newest update in the same month, May, the game sometime crash issue happen again. so my view is all raised from origin .
Message 289 of 487 (1,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie
  • What did you do just before the crash happen?

Played Sniper in Conquest mode (nothing special)!

• Does it happen in all game modes?

Yes!

• Does it always happen at the same action/place?

No!

Message 290 of 487 (1,258 Views)