Re: PC - Crashing issue - Information request.

by _S7ORM-BRINGR

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I was in mid-match, having fun shooting people, in conquest. Happens in all game modes. It doesn't always happen with the same action or place but occurs around 5 mins in every time. Have literally done everything you support people tell me to do nothing will fix it. Whenever it crashes, my computer shuts down with it. I have a GTX 1080 i7-8700k 16gb 3000MHz RAM, newest drivers, etc.

Message 151 of 487 (1,497 Views)

★ Novice
  • We need Dxdiag, to see what Hardware and drivers you are using.
  • Provided in post
  •  
  • What did you do just before the crash happen?

Nothing, just playing, if i ever get to the game selection menu, usually it crashes upon launch of bfv.exe 

and then i have to hard reset the rig. 

Stresstests run on both mem cpu and gpu with no errors

• Does it happen in all game modes?
  • No idea, only play firestorm

• Does it always happen at the same action/place?

No it occurs randomly, sometimes it freeze/crash upon startin bfv and sometimes i can play for 30-45 mins

Message 152 of 487 (1,496 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
LOL.. A lot of time has passed and still crashing :D They give no * about it.
Message 153 of 487 (1,478 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
  • Playing Battlefield in multiple modes (but primarily large player count modes), and in the menus
  • It happens in Breakthrough, Firestorm, Conquest, and Domination
  • It happens all over the place, in different situations

This is unlike any Battlefield crashing issue I've ever had, as it reboots my computer completely. Nothing obvious in the event log or reliability history. Temperatures are normal, well within operating norms. DX11 or 12 makes no difference. Other games (Apex, Fortnite, Overwatch) can run for hours without issue.

Message 154 of 487 (1,468 Views)

★★★ Novice

Fixed it about week ago with PhysX,well I thought I did ,but now again the problem has came back. Played with no problem for a whole week then Saturday this problem has returned.. 

Message 155 of 487 (1,465 Views)

★★★ Novice

Crashes the game and sends me back to Win10 desktop, and seeing the kernel error.

- Used to happen more often while skipping revive or during the end-round summary.  And then it became more random.

- All game modes I've played, usually Breakthrough, Rush, Conquest, Frontlines.

- Happens anywhere.

Decided to try BF1 again, which hadn't crashed before I started on BFV.  And that started crashing too.

Thought of turning off all GSYNC-compatibility settings (I have a Freesync monitor and NVIDIA card, but didn't have G-SYNC enabled for the display).  That didn't help.

And then lowered display settings in-game from 3440x1440 at 100Hz to 3440x1440 at 60Hz.  That fixed it for both BF1 and BFV!  So far.  

(I think a mention of v-sync on some thread brought me to this idea; thanks to the poster, if this indeed fixes it for me.)

I hope this helps.

Message 156 of 487 (1,438 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Happened again and again, twice everyday at least.....  This will end up killing my computer to say the least.... Had to do a hard reset again, sound and image crash, nothing respond anymore. Finger>button>RESET 
It happens only in BF5

• We need Dxdiag, to see what Hardware and drivers you are using.
    Cf attached
    I was playing on rotterdam
    Yes
    Different maps, different location 
Message 157 of 487 (1,409 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry wrote:

@Styleomat0604 wrote:

I think it is great that there are about 13 pages full of error reports and dxdiag files and not even 1 comment from EA or DICE.

Nice community work guys and not even frustrating, you know how to do a great job

We'll do our best to keep those affected in the loop when we have updates to share. Even though you might not see us actively responding in topics with many pages that doesn't mean we don't have our eyes on them. This post is being used by the DICE team and included within our day to day reports. This information is tremendously helpful and we wanted to extend our gratitude to all of you willing to take time out to submit the info we're asking for.

Sorry, but it's been too long without a fix. I can't play the game anymore, sometimes it crashes after 1 game in Firestorm, sometimes it takes more. Game is crashing mainly on the loading Firestorm map screen (Halvoy) .Attached is my dxdiag and event viewer error report.
Will come back to play again when this is fixed, but I doubt somebody cares about that anyway.

Event Viewer error report:

Faulting application name: bfv.exe, version: 1.0.70.49765, time stamp: 0x5c8eb655
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.348, time stamp: 0xd620e319
Exception code: 0x887a0020
Fault offset: 0x0000000000039149
Faulting process id: 0x347c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4e8c19c362143
Faulting application path: G:\BF5\Battlefield V\bfv.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 931d3d97-0db5-4438-9551-f74043014b96

Message 158 of 487 (1,392 Views)

Betreff: PC - Crashing issue - Information request.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice
    • BFV Multiplayer 
    • what happens
    • sound and picture freeze for just a second or two, then the game closes without an error message 
    • Yes
    • random
  • additional information
    • Crashes ONLY with DX12 --->>> with DX11 NO crashes
    • Crashes ONLY in BFV Multiplayer noticed
    • but need DX12, increases performance up to 50%
    •  
    • some guys says that Intel XMP Profile is the problem (or ram overcloking)
    • my Ram runs at 3600Mhz with XMP profile on
    • next days i will try standard 2133Mhz vs overvolting 
Message 159 of 487 (1,371 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having this issue since the last 2 days.

Here is a summary:

• Starting BFV
    • The loading window opens for about 5 seconds, BF5 image appears and then it goes black and closes
    • Yes
    • everytime I start the game
  • additional information
    • See Dxdiag
Message 160 of 487 (1,326 Views)