Re: PC - Crashing issue - Information request.

by Judge_Dredd_80

Original Post

★ Novice

-What did you do just before the crash happened?

Playing normal.

-Does it happen in all game modes?

Tried Conquest, Breakthrough, Rush, and Grand Operations.

-Does it always happen at the same action/place?

No, just random place random time.

It freezes a short time (5seconds or so) crashes wihtout error.

Message 51 of 487 (2,617 Views)

★★ Novice
  • What did you do just before the crash happen?
  • nothing. just roaming around the game menus(sometimes happens when I upgrade guns or vehicles...)
  • Does it happen in all game modes?
  • it doesn't happen in the action game only the main menu
  • Does it always happen at the same action/place?
  • yes randomly happens in the main menu

I have this issue since the launch of BF V
my whole system freezes randomly in the main menu then windows crashes(blue screen, nvlddmkm.sys error)

thanks! and sorry for bad EN. 

Message 52 of 487 (2,603 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
So after Many games and Hours. I believe Windows New Update was the fix for me. No more crashing.
Hope this helps
Message 53 of 487 (2,607 Views)

★★ Apprentice

ok so after a lot of research I found that the DX-C+2015 versions on my computer are not the same version (x86 and x64) I checked the install folder in origin and uninstalled the one that didn't match install the one in the origin folder so they had the same version numbers x86 and x64 and my crash to desk top stopped!!!!!!!!! 

Message 54 of 487 (2,581 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still crashing i tryed everything

Message 55 of 487 (2,562 Views)

★★ Novice

My game seems to be crashing at completely random times. Conquest, Rush, Breakthrough are the only game modes that I play and I also crash then. It's also so random when my game crashes that I can't say that "I opened a door whilst firing" causes the crash. I've had it mid-fight, running from one objective to another, getting into a vehicle etc.

Message 56 of 487 (2,527 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello,

• onley Playing 
    • yes
    • no complete randomly

Message 57 of 487 (2,517 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

With my 2080Ti the game crashes 100% on boot if DX12 is enabled after last patch.

After deleting Save Data from my documents the game boots fine, after enabling DX12 again the game will crash upon next boot. I have the latest nVidia driver installed (419.35) and have tried repairing the game, for me the crash is 100% with DX12 enabled.

The issue did not occur before the last patch. Event log from windows states that BF.exe is causing the issue.

DXDiag attached.

Message 58 of 487 (2,504 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Sinksu4 wrote:

Normal gameplay, team deatchmatch in Narvik, destroyed a part of a building in the middle of the map.

Rush, conquest and TDM at least.

Narvik TDM is a sure crash everytime. Not a same place, but if I recall correctly, I've been in the middle of the map near/in the buildings.

I have however played multiple rounds of Aerodrome and Rotterdam TDM without a crash, so seems to be map related. Some other maps have not crashed also, but can't remember which ones. But Narvik always crashes, so there's a start.

I don't know if it shows in the dxdiag, but I have 980 Ti SLI, with "unofficial SLI-rendering" enabled. Tried with just one GPU also, but it crashed too, so SLI is not the bad guy here.

Well, I just finished the entire map rotation in TDM without crashes. Even Narvik did not crash. Weird.

Message 59 of 487 (2,468 Views)

★★ Novice

I suffered similar issues with crashes during BF V.
I think i solved it for good just by tweaking some bios settings which allowed my overclocked i7 8086K to have a more constant supply of 1.35V vcore. I achieved it by tweaking the LLC to Performance mode rather than use AUTO.

I played for several hours each day for the last week and not a single crash! it used to crash pretty much every time i joined any online mode after 15-30 minutes into the game.

Message 60 of 487 (2,445 Views)